Source code Evolution Skin

splby

Verified User
Hello. Is it possible to download the source code of a skin somewhere to make a skin based on it? As far as I understand, editing files that are in the skin will not work and it is the files with the source code that are needed.

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd strongly suggest not doing this (to keep up with the updates and bugfixes). Evolution supports Custom CSS feature, and lots of customizations under "Customize Evolution Skin", a lot of things can be done here. We're going to provide ability of sub-theming it completely as well. If these pre-cautions do not stop you from still wanting to 'fork' the skin - I can send source files to you privately (they're not announced publicly to avoid 'forking' and going the sub-theme'ing route, causing new features missing in the skin and new bugs introduced). We might post some sub-theming examples soon :)

splby

Verified User
We need changes that are not possible through css, for example, add a few buttons and other functionality from our internal system into the page itself. We now have this implemented in the current skin and we want to leave it in a new one so that the user does not need to be re-trained. On this, if possible, please send the source code.
If later there will be some opportunity to change the skin in some other way, perhaps we will move to a new method of change.

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but this would be possible with vue.js (that's what sub-theming would let you to do) :) Let's wait a bit until we get it ready, this should be released very soon, okay?

splby

Verified User
Yes, maybe this is what will suit us. Let's wait for the release. Thank.

kang28ivan

Verified User
Yes, but this would be possible with vue.js (that's what sub-theming would let you to do) :) Let's wait a bit until we get it ready, this should be released very soon, okay?
Make it look like this, so it looks neater https://prnt.sc/oc6paf
I just make on inspect element so I not apply to skin, and I hope that in the future it will have the appearance of resource usage in the sidebar for cloudlinux like in cpanel.