spamassassin: global config files work but not local user config files

kleucht

Verified User
Greetings DA gurus

On our old server, each user created a .procmailrc file in their home directory that spawned off spamassassin and deleted each email that scored high.

Now, on our new DirectAdmin server, spamassissin is scanning emails okay because it was set up and configured per your administrator's directions. But the local users ~/.procmailrc files don't seem to have any effect. Also, the local users ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file doesn't seem to have any effect.

The global config and execution of spamassassin is working, but the local config files are supposed to take precedence according to spamassassin.org's documentation! What are we doing wrong? It is critical for the local users config files to be effective!

Thanks,
Kurt

Hello,

The default setup for exim doesn't use procmail, nor does it use local user configurations for spamassasin. Our installs are very basic, but can be customize in any way you want, but you'd have to do it yourself.

John

That is fine, only we don't know the details about what needs to be modified and configured. Can you point us in the right direction on how to set up exim to use procmail and also how to set up exim to use local spamassassin config files? If the exim documentation covers it, then please just point us to that specific documentation.

Thanks for your help,
Kurt

Great! So...

1) How do I configure exim to use ~/.procmailrc

&

2) How do I configure exim to use the local ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs config files?

Thanks for the help,
Kurt

Hello,

Seems like it wouldn't hurt anything. I havn't tested it myself, so I'm not sure of any side effects. (can't see why there's be any)

John

Back