SSH into server blocked after installed

YuriDev

Ever since I installed DirectAdmin I cannot SSH into my google cloud VPS with the SSH option on the panel and I cannot login using an SSH client because the root account does not have a password, I need to access the config file but I can't because the firewall installed I presume blocks the panel SSH on google cloud from connecting to the VPS, I don't know what to do I can't access the config file from the DirectAdmin panel either...

I don't know what to do I can't access the config file from the DirectAdmin panel either...
Yes you can.
I can only tell you from the Enhanced skin. Go to Admin Tools and choose File Editor. You can find the sshd_config file in there.

because the root account does not have a password
That would be plain stupid. Linux always puts a password on root normally.
If you mean what's shown in the screenshot, that is a VM console, not an SSH client. It might well be this VM client is trying to connect on another port which is not opened in CSF.
SSH you can login via port 22 with a SSH client like for example Putty. However, you should know the root password of your VPS in that case. ;)

If you installed CSF the correct way on your server, you should have a Configserver Firewall plugin under Extra Features in admin level.
You can even disable CSF from there.
Or edit the firewall rules and add the needed ports for the you're using can work.

Yes you can.
I can only tell you from the Enhanced skin. Go to Admin Tools and choose File Editor. You can find the sshd_config file in there.

That would be plain stupid. Linux always puts a password on root normally.
If you mean what's shown in the screenshot, that is a VM console, not an SSH client. It might well be this VM client is trying to connect on another port which is not opened in CSF.
SSH you can login via port 22 with a SSH client like for example Putty. However, you should know the root password of your VPS in that case. ;)

If you installed CSF the correct way on your server, you should have a Configserver Firewall plugin under Extra Features in admin level.
You can even disable CSF from there.
Or edit the firewall rules and add the needed ports for the you're using can work.
I can't install it anymore it just errors and stops

I looked at the guide and it says nothing about what to do if there is a 404 error
1585685290504.png

Install it???
Oh I had that onen too. If it's good you have the directory /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild and it has an options.conf in there.
Edit the options.conf and look at this line what you got, it looks like:
downloadserver=filesXX.directadmin.com
change it to some other server. So if you have files20.directadmin.com change it to files1.directadmin.com for example.
Check: are you by any chance using files-de.directadmin.com there?

Now start the setup again, and do not use the automatic setup, choose your options and if the system asks if it must search for the fastest mirror, select N for NO otherwise it will be changed again.

If all is good, it should build again.

If not... have a look at this:

Back