SSL public html symlink default

Ch3vr0n

Verified User
Just setup a new VPS and configuring some things such as PHP. Now, by default after enabling SSL it defaults to the /private_html, andi manually change to symlink on the old server. I just found https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2023 to enable it by default but it points directadmin.conf to be in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates.

I don't have that directory, but i do have that file in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/ (currently 2.70kb in size

Is it the same file, before i add the command?

Oh and it's not running CB 2.0, havent installed that (yet)

The thing is i had "problems" with cb in the past on a server. Among which php. Then just installed it, but only used as a "sub tool version monitor". The link i posted does not mention needing CB 2.0 to do it. So the question remains am i in the right folder/file when accessing /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

More info might help.
This could help.

Mine is located here /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

I have had CB 2.0 from day one and never had an issue I can think of. Without knowing more of what those "Problems" where and how long ago that was in the "past" it's hard to tell. The system is super stable for me. Since you dont share your specs I am kind of guessing about "your server".

As I understand it, /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/directadmin.conf is a template file for /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf. I think it's used on install and possible on update of DA.

In this case you should be able to enable the feature just by modifying /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

I have always edited that file for changing these kinds settings, never the template one.

You mention that you didn't have CB yet. I didn't know it was possible not to have it, how does webserver/php versions gets updated?

Well the weird thing is if i login via ssh, i DO have that file, in the directory listed and the default value=1. So it looks like it's already setup to do that.

As to updating, it's an unmanaged vps. So twice i year i tell the folks over at the data center to update everything (DA/OS, dovecot etc...) to the latest stable builds. I'm a windows user, not a linux one. there's 3 commands i know work on linux

and those are cd, rm and vi. But my knowledge ends there.

Current specs are

I know it's running DA 1.59.5, and through https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=551 and ssh i was able to find out it's running 2.0.0 (rev: 2335) but no cb 2.0 plugin active

Thread Count2
Processor NameIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz
Vendor IDGenuineIntel
Processor Speed (MHz)2399.971
Processor NameIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz
Vendor IDGenuineIntel
Processor Speed (MHz)2399.971
Total Memory4194304 kB
Free Memory524828 kB
Total Swap Memory1048576 kB
Free Swap Memory675924 kB
System Uptime0 Days, 9 Hours and 34 Minutes
Apache 2.4.41Running
DirectAdmin 1.59.5Running
Exim 4.92.3Running
MySQL 5.7.27Running
Named 9.11.4Running
sshdRunning
dovecot 2.3.9.2 (cf2918cac)Running
pure-ftpd 1.0.49Running
Php 7.3.13Installed

I'm curious if there are more modern looking DA skins too (responsive?). Default one

Last edited:
those are cd, rm and vi. But my knowledge ends there.
I see said the blind man.

If you want... the system will update itself through custombuild. We can help you set it up.

So let's start slow.
in SSH at the prompt run
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build version
give us the output

Then
Code:
./build versions

paste here as well

Is the a centos7 box?

any command to copy all that stuff into PC memory? Quit a long list, ctrl+C, ctrl+x and ctrl+insert don't seem to work

from what i can see everything is running the latest version, except the plugin (1.0.31) which isn't installed at all.

Yes CentOS 7 but they havent specified which exact build

Ok that is fine if you dont see any bold White you are good.

Have you run
Code:
./build update
./build all d
At least once on the box?
if no I would.
Keep in mind it may take Hours to finish.

You would need to leave the terminal open on your pc while it runs.
If yes I can give you the commands to keep the system up to date.
Do you want it to update daily weekly or monthly?

Nope, as i don't need to. VPS was delivered just a couple hours ago :D brand new setup.

Oh and found out the exact CenOS version. It's CentOS 7.0

Now since the original topic issue, is apparently specified in the default template. I'd love to "derail" this into a couple others

1. I'd love to find out if the current setup is plugin compatible before i go to the plugin manager and tell it to grab 'http://www.custombuild.eu/plugin/custombuild.tar.gz'.
2. different skin (1.59.5 compatible, and responsive?)

I'd rather start by manually issueing updates through the plugin. In case something goes "wrong" at least then i can catch the error and report about it. If some update fails and i don't see it, i have no clue what it was, let alone fix it.

I'd love to "derail" this into a couple others
If you want to create separate topics feel free

I'd love to find out if the current setup is plugin compatible before i go to the plugin manager and tell it to grab
Yes we all use it.
All up need to do to install the plugin is run in ssh
Code:
./build update
./build custombuild_plugin

Skin is called evolution

is there no way to find out if the plugin is compatible BEFORE i install it?
Googled that evolution skin. Looks good and quick. I want it :)

i have no clue what it was, let alone fix it.

I would recommend you hire someone to go over the entire box that knows DA since you are a windows guy. If you have an Unmanaged VPS it means you are responsible to keep it up to date. The vps company isn't getting paid to help you. Unless you know they Support DA you might be better off hiring @smtalk @zEitEr or @SeLLeRoNe Just a thought.

is there no way to find out if the plugin is compatible BEFORE i install it?
Compatible with what? It was written by DA and smtalk. I am running the current same plugin on centos 7 as we speak.

Twice a year they get paid to update everything :). They do offer managed VPS too but i'd have to see if it's financially viable.

looks like evolution skin is already installed. Just need to know how to set it active i guess

CB 2.0 plugin installed via DA admin panel itself. Quick & easy, no messing with SSH

evolution skin is half active. updated demodocsroot and docsroot via DA directadmin.conf to "evolution", updated administrator settings to "evolution". Login is now updated, after login still oldschool "enhanced"

Last edited:
Back