SSL Redirect on Login

TheCableGuy96

Verified User
Hi guys,

So I have the following settings set:
port=2222
ssl_port=2223

If I login via ssl on 2223 it redirects me to port 2222 but it's still secure.

It's not so much a problem as it's still secure but would like to understand why it's redirecting me to a different port?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Thanks Brent, I don't think that's what's causing it. I re-set it up and re-wrote confs on 2 servers and now both servers are doing it so I think it's something new in DA which is forcing you to the non-ssl port.

I got round it by swapping the non-ssl port to 2223 and the ssl port to 2222. Now people stay on 2223 when logging in.

Cheers

Hello.
Well I can't imagine why this is happening. I only stated to smtalk that according to da's doc the ssl=1 was no requirement. But I already suspected that wouldn't make any difference for you.
Unfortunately I have no clue on to why it doesn't work and we only use port 2222.

Hello.
Well I can't imagine why this is happening. I only stated to smtalk that according to da's doc the ssl=1 was no requirement. But I already suspected that wouldn't make any difference for you.
Unfortunately I have no clue on to why it doesn't work and we only use port 2222.
No worries, I appreciate the input pal. Could be a bug? Unfortunately I can't even talk to DA to discuss it as a possible bug because they now charge for support and it's only a personal server with an old lifetime license and can't really afford it.

I don't know if it could be a bug. I don't have a test system otherwise I could check it for you.
Normally bugs could still be send via the ticket system and checked for free. If that isn't possible anymore then they must be reported on the forums.
Which you did. So lets hope that smtalk is checking this again and shine his light on this.
Maybe you might want to edit the thread title and add [bug] in front of it, to make clear this might be a bug.

Back