Stay Away From Direct Admin (Worst Support I've Experienced)

Yeah it's very hard if your system admin and yourself make mistakes by not just looking better at the docs and then blaming DA support.
Good job dude.

Everyone makes mistakes... I'm on vacation and typing in my car and my major datacenter doesn't officially support DirectAdmin and couldn't understand their instructions... but DirectAdmin's tech support is wrong every time, and every time over period of years, that's not ok, then when they are wrong they still claim they are right, this is a common tactic used by a lot of overseas tech support companies that blame the customer when they are wrong... I'm not a newb. DirectAdmin needs to hire a new tech support company that actually knows something about DirectAdmin...

But when DirectAdmin locks people out of their own servers then has horrible tech support that is wrong more than right and their documentation is so scatterbrained and unorganized then that needs to be fixed.

You're just doing the same thing that DirectAdmin's horrible tech support does by blaming the customer, except at this point you're just an Internet stalker. You're not providing any positive input, no solutions, nothing but put downs and criticism. It's not helpful and I've already asked you to stop responding to my posts on here. You need to get a life other than trolling DirectAdmin's forum. Some people actually just want their servers to work and nothing else. Richard G Stop responding to my posts.

It's always possible you've had a bad individual experience with tech support, so I cannot comment on that.

However, I cannot agree with your criticism of the available installation documentation. When you log into your client panel - as instructed in Step 2 of the install guide - a clear distinction is made between your License ID and the License Key which you need to proceed with the installation.

It's true that in the past the License ID was needed, so I can somewhat understand the confusion if you've already installed Directadmin a long time ago, but that's what the current documentation is for.

Richard G Stop responding to my posts.
No I won't, you won't tell me what to do. You don't like me? Put me in your ignore list.
As long as you keep blaming other people for your own errors. You had answers enough the first time you came over blaming all of us while it was the tech guy which made the mistake.
Even then I pointed you the correct answers, so if anything is to stop, it's you blaming others for your ignorance.

Maybe next time try to be a bit more decent over here, then you might get better support.

I looked at the screen shots but didn't review the wall of text in everyone's responses.

The error looks like one version of mysql was installed, then it was changed to a different version and installed over. So perhaps the default install did one version, and then it was changed. You can't for example go from mysql 8.0 to mariadb.

Openlitespeed itself is very cranky. If your hostname becomes domain.com and not server.domain.com openlitespeed has issues. I have had a general bad experience with openlitespeed and debugging, and no longer use it on servers with more than a couple of domains. Enterprise is just fine. I like that you can install litespeed in directadmin and get a trial license right away.

I think directadmin is quite good, but has a steaper learning curve than other panels. I don't deal too much with directadmin support and general only issues in directadmin that I can't personally fix and they all get resolved. I use both cpanel, directadmin, and plesk: plesk support has been slow for years and they have in the past dropped products, cpanel support has been degrading even with cost increases.

WOW talk about TLDR

If people follow the simple instructions DA is set up and ready to use in no more that an hour. But it has to be a new OS install.

Damn, I go off to enjoy life without the need of being reliable for people's sites and businesses, come back to see all this........

Reminds me of another reason why I closed my business, OP sounds like a customer of mine - expect the host et al to be responsible to install stuff....

People!

Back