Sub Domain Multi Version php featured.

realitsolution

Verified User
Multi Version php very important featured for control panel. so many people use different script on main domain and sub domain. and that script also need different php version. but in directadmin not stay any option, different php version for sub domain. so this featured is really very very important who sell shared hosting from directadmin.

already i talked with support team . if they get enough demand then they will make it. so which people think this is very important need then please give vote..thanks..

I wonder which is the use case, when you can not create a sub-domain as a regular domain with its own public_html/private_html directories? Is it only because of limits on number of domains in a hosting package? :)

There might be issues with mod_rewrite in sub-domains...

Now you want to have a separate folder, separate PHP version for sub-domains, then you ask for separate email accounts for sub-domains, this way an idea of sub-domains will be fully not-viable. :unsure:

If sub-domains have all the features of domains then hosting companies might limit them as well, or disable creating sub-domains at all. ;)

I wonder which is the use case, when you can not create a sub-domain as a regular domain with its own public_html/private_html directories? Is it only because of limits on number of domains in a hosting package? :)

There might be issues with mod_rewrite in sub-domains...

Now you want to have a separate folder, separate PHP version for sub-domains, then you ask for separate email accounts for sub-domains, this way an idea of sub-domains will be fully not-viable. :unsure:

If sub-domains have all the features of domains then hosting companies might limit them as well, or disable creating sub-domains at all. ;)

Hi There,

Please check this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r11rvt
It is from cPanel. Here, I can enter any custom directory name during creating a subdomain.

Also, check this: https://prnt.sc/r11sai
I can set a different PHP version for a subdomain. This feature is available in cPanel, Plesk etc. Then, is it too complex to make available this feature in DA?
Another question to you, if I install 2 different scripts to the primary domain & the subdomain; One is not compatible with below PHP7.2 and another is not compatible with higher PHP5.6; then what I will do?

Hi There,

Please check this screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r11rvt
It is from cPanel. Here, I can enter any custom directory name during creating a subdomain.

Also, check this: https://prnt.sc/r11sai
I can set a different PHP version for a subdomain. This feature is available in cPanel, Plesk etc. Then, is it too complex to make available this feature in DA?
Another question to you, if I install 2 different scripts to the primary domain & the subdomain; One is not compatible with below PHP7.2 and another is not compatible with higher PHP5.6; then what I will do?
And, I would like to inform you that other control panels allows creating email using subdomain like [email protected].
Please check here: https://prnt.sc/r11vzj

Directadmin (probably unlike others) supports and allows additional domains under the same account, and additional domains in directadmin are fully-featured and have their own public_html and private_html directories, and can have a separate PHP version.

Additional domains can be of any level: domain.com, sub1.domain.com, sub2.sub1.domain.com and etc.

If you want to add a new sub-domain you can add it on an additional domains page, there is actually no need to use a sub-domains page for this.

And I believe DirectAdmin should stay Directadmin without trying to become a clone of others. Just the same way you don't try to turn a sport-car into a van, just because you used to sliding doors. ;)

Directadmin (probably unlike others) supports and allows additional domains under the same account, and additional domains in directadmin are fully-featured and have their own public_html and private_html directories, and can have a separate PHP version.

Additional domains can be of any level: domain.com, sub1.domain.com, sub2.sub1.domain.com and etc.

If you want to add a new sub-domain you can add it on an additional domains page, there is actually no need to use a sub-domains page for this.

And I believe DirectAdmin should stay Directadmin without trying to become a clone of others. Just the same way you don't try to turn a sport-car into a van, just because you used to sliding doors. ;)

Understand and already we know that. But it will use the limit of addon domains. Addon domains and subdomains are different things.
And, making available of these features is not a part of cloning. Because these are necessary for everyone.
All hosting panels allow creating addon domains, subdomains, email accounts, databases, etc, when lots of these are not clone, then mention 2 requirements also will be part of clone.

If sub-domains get all features of addon domains, why then we need sub-domains at all? There is no sense to duplicate the same functionality under different names.

If sub-domains get all features of addon domains why do you think a number of sub-domains won't be limited by hosting companies?

p.s. all cars are using petrol, why do we need Tesla car then?

i know that.. but already i mention there.. who sale shared hosting it's really important for that person. bcz we sell shared hosting and give limit on add domain. but for sub domain we not gives any limit. here is main problem.. when any user want to add sub domain from domain that means we need to give unlimited domain add access.. this is big problem for shared hosting..

and also brother..

if you think directadmin don't want to clone other.. then why direct admin gives file manager, why give email create option. why gives my sql option. this is also clone right? i try to say you this is called featured. not want to say clone other . i want to say which featured need user and important that should add . not need to think this is clone..

OK, I see your position. And still technically as far as I can see, it will be 2 same things under different names. Since I'm not a choice-maker, just another user of DirectAdmin, that's fully up to the developers to add the feature or not.

And still I stay where I'm now, worried about custom solutions (plugins, addons, scripts) which might break, if DirectAdmin change the way they handle sub-domains. And many changes will be required if they decide to satisfy the request.

If sub-domains get all features of addon domains, why then we need sub-domains at all? There is no sense to duplicate the same functionality under different names.

If sub-domains get all features of addon domains why do you think a number of sub-domains won't be limited by hosting companies?

p.s. all cars are using petrol, why do we need Tesla car then?

and also brother then why pleask and cpanel and other control doing this.. they are fool? then why people want to use directadmin.. same rate if plesk, or other give more function and easy way from directadmin then people want to use that right?

people want to use that panel which is easy and cheap with all function. i love directadmin so much .i am just doing here featured request. it's will make or not it's fully depend on directadmin . but all user want to use that control panel which is easy and cheap and all featured stay... if my any client don't want to use directadmin. if i can not sell directadmin hosting then i never buy directadmin license right.. just it..

Sorry, I'm not going to judge users and authors of other control panels. They have their rights to do what they are doing. I've only asked some questions to get a better idea on why are you requesting the features existing in other control panels. And again considering only technical aspects (not marketing or sales), directadmin is built the different way, and the internal organisation of configs, templates might require serious changes for the features to be implemented. And the required changes might break all existing addons, scripts. So I just want to know why directadmin should do it?

I don't sell hosting and don't see anything wrong in using addon domains for adding sub-domains. Probably you might consider changing your hosting packages and turn the change to new opportunities to your customers?

To me all the requests to add features from other control panels to directadmin is an attempt to get a clone of their favorite control panel at a lower price. Whether is it bad, or good.... don't judge it. That's how I see it.

I don't say DirectAdmin does not need to grow, evolve, but I'd expect them to respect and appreciate existing users and community too. And if the changes might break all what has been already done before, we need to have an option to avoid it.

I don't know whether or not they will satisfy your request. Anyway it's just my humble opinion on the matter. Let's see how many of users/administrators want the same.

Subdomain is a part of the parent domain and the addon domain is a different domain. Hope you can understand.

Clear. Thanks. Since it's a part of a parent domain it should inherit all the settings. If you need different settings, then welcome to use addons, that's clear and that's how directadmin manage the things. ;)

and also brother then why pleask and cpanel and other control doing this.. they are fool? then why people want to use directadmin.. same rate if plesk, or other give more function and easy way from directadmin then people want to use that right?

people want to use that panel which is easy and cheap with all function. i love directadmin so much .i am just doing here featured request. it's will make or not it's fully depend on directadmin . but all user want to use that control panel which is easy and cheap and all featured stay... if my any client don't want to use directadmin. if i can not sell directadmin hosting then i never buy directadmin license right.. just it..
You told the true thing and all we are agree with you.

Sorry, I'm not going to judge users and authors of other control panels. They have their rights to do what they are doing. I've only asked some questions to get a better idea on why are you requesting the features existing in other control panels. And again considering only technical aspects (not marketing or sales), directadmin is built the different way, and the internal organisation of configs, templates might require serious changes for the features to be implemented. And the required changes might break all existing addons, scripts. So I just want to know why directadmin should do it?

I don't sell hosting and don't see anything wrong in using addon domains for adding sub-domains. Probably you might consider changing your hosting packages and turn the change to new opportunities to your customers?

To me all the requests to add features from other control panels to directadmin is an attempt to get a clone of their favorite control panel at a lower price. Whether is it bad, or good.... don't judge it. That's how I see it.

I don't say DirectAdmin does not need to grow, evolve, but I'd expect them to respect and appreciate existing users and community too. And if the changes might break all what has been already done before, we need to have an option to avoid it.

I don't know whether or not they will satisfy your request. Anyway it's just my humble opinion on the matter. Let's see how many of users/administrators want the same.

i understand.. what you are want to say.. but if they can make it without face any problem in other featured that i think your should be happy also.. bcz if other control panel can make it with other all featured without any problem then why directadmin can not make it. in directadmin not stay that level of devoloper ? but my question is if they can make it without any problem then where is problem.. you are also getting another featured. you can use or can not use. that your choice. but you not facing any problem with this featured. then where is probelm.. are you confused in directadmin not stay that level devoloper ? i trust directadmin 1 day they will make it.. anyway wait and see

Last edited:
In the same river, but still in different boats, are we. I've never stated they can't do it, the question is "why"? ;)

In the same river, but still in different boats, are we. I've never stated they can't do it, the question is "why"? ;)

ha ha ha.. same talk
bcz i need it. not only me like me so many hosting provider stay they need it. if you think like me all hosting provider not important for directadmin then this is different things.. but this important for us . and really need it. can not explain why. already i do that read all previous message.. if still you not understand then never i can understand you... :)

Back