Subdomain 404 Errors

BillyS

Verified User
We are using a naked domain and all www.domain.com are redirected to domain.com

I am getting a lot of soft 404 errors in webmaster tools because openlitespeed is returning a 200 with the message OpenLiteSpeed is functioning normally.

We dont have any subdomains, is there a way to have openlitespeed throw a 404 error instead?

Thanks in advance :)

Bill

I cant believe no one else has encountered this problem. No matter what subdomain is used, openlitespeed throws a 200 found header along with a message "openlitespeed is functioning normally" But these subdomains don't exist. The best option would be to throw a 404 error or even a 301 followed by a redirect back to domain.com.

I've used openlitespeed with CyberPanel and that is how it was configured. Unfortunately, I don't know what setting will change this and when I search for an answer in Google, all I can find are instances where subdomains actually exist. In our case, they don't and we should be showing some kind of error.

Again, the worst part is openlitespeed actually shows a 200 (found) for these non-existent subdomains.

Server settings for that domain, itself in user DA do you forward there?

I can't help with litespeed and co.

But more info needed for support i thinks as versions (DA) you use and OS and some of those things. ;)

Sometime those DA settings for domain forwarding and or ssl force goes wrong, yes or no conflicting with the sites themself, of bug(s) in DA, i only know that from APACHE. (endless looping redirects and so on)

Centos 8
DirectAdmin 1.62.4
Force redirect is on and is supposed to redirect everything to the naked domain.

Back