Subdomain location

I need this construction:

Code:
~/domains/any-domain/public_html/
~/domains/any-domain/subdomains/any-subdomain/public_html/

I thought over this a long time and even this way I wanted it organized in our scripts, but I do not have any protection that will not erase me this directory:

for help.domain.ex should delete:

Code:
~/domains/domain.ex/subdomains/help/

but DA will try delete:

Code:
~/domains/domain.ex/public_html/help/

Last edited:
I just can't believe that DirectAdmin still creates subdomains into domain public_html folder, and I don't see any GUI way to set the wanted location. I mean how difficult is to copy great features from cPanel and implement them into DA? It's not illegal is it?

cPanel creates subdomains in this manner:
/home/user/public_html (of main account domain)
/home/user/subdomain1
/home/user/subdomain2
/home/user/addon_domain1
/home/user/addon_domain2

It also gives easy managable option to change the Subdomain and Addon Domain location WHEREVER user preffers in the /home/user folder (Document Root).
I think, that is functionality is exactly what most users want and I am really surprised that DA still doesn't have it.

Push
The thread is already over 10 years old and still no real fix (only workarounds) :eek:

Hello.

Sorry when i have to ask... in your demo version (https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php) the feature for the subdomains is still not seen... is this a bug or is the demo version using an other directadmin version?

Which directadmin version i would have to install and which skin, that i can change the path of my subdomains?

Thanks and Greets

Hello.

Sorry when i have to ask... in your demo version (https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php) the feature for the subdomains is still not seen... is this a bug or is the demo version using an other directadmin version?

Which directadmin version i would have to install and which skin, that i can change the path of my subdomains?

Thanks and Greets
Please check the demo now, it didn't run 1.60.4.

Thank you very much. Is there somewhere a example how the custom dcoroot should look like when i want to create the subdomain as a folder within the public_html folder of that main domain? Otherwise i can also try it out...

Greets

Reborn this thread,
So I have create 2 custom files at /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom.

NGINX: nginx_server_sub.conf
APACHE: virtual_host2_sub.conf

change docroot to:
|?DOCROOT=`HOME`/domains/`SUB`|
|?REALDOCROOT=`HOME`/domains/`SUB`|

did not working auto creation of subdomains at /domains/my.domain.com

really need it, so "softcacolous" regonize installation.

any help or tip?

Back