SuExec PHP & FastCGI under Apache 2 on CentOS 4.2?

FAF

Verified User
SuExec & PHP/FastCGI under Apache2 on CentOS 4.2?

Hi

I'm a little concerned about PHP running as mod_php on CentOS 4.2, and would like to secure the environment a bit.

I have different options to choose from:

- chrooted Apache (with mod_php).
- suPHP.
- php-cgi.
- php-fastcgi.

My initial choice would be php-fastcgi, so I just wondered if anyone successfully have installed SuExec & PHP-FastCGI under Apache 2 on CentOS 4.2?

As it is right now, the server is running the default setup which DA provided, on a default CentOS 4.2 install, and it runs so nice I must say.

I need to do a whole lot of research before changing the setup, especially on how DA interacts with the sys. I'm just curious if anyone have this setup running without major issues, or actually with no issues at all :eek:.

/FAF

Last edited:
In my research on how to make the server more secure, I googled around a bit and found a FastCGI howto for LightTPD.

Setup FastCGI and PHP with individual user permissions

LightTPD is all new to me, those features looks great I must say. Any chance that there is someone here with some knowhow of this "small" webserver?

Has LightTPD ever been thoughtof as an alternative to Apache under DA? Don't want to flame Apache, just want checkout the alternatives, and of course, a secure webserver to serve those "not always nicely written" PHP scripts.

/FAF

Last edited:
Back