Suspending account deletes cron jobs

mkniskanen

Verified User
Hello again,

I have a customer whose account was suspended because an indexing robot was misbehaving and kept reloading the same page for several days and generating several gigabytes of traffic.

Well, it was easy to unsuspend the account and give him a few gigs more so that his pages became visible again. No problem there.

I noticed, however, that the cron job (=crontab) I had written for him had been completely wiped out. At first I thought somebody from the company had been tampering with the settings but looking at the time stamps revealed that auto-suspending the account had done it.

Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?

Markku

What I would like to see is a Disable & Enable options for cron jobs, this will be useful if the user wants to halt the jobs for some reason, and they can re-activate them at a touch of a button without having to re-add them.......
This will be useful for the OP situation too, if it does do that..

It should remove everything for the user if you suspend them but put it all back when you unsuspend.

Hello,

Yes, DA will remove all entries from crontab upon suspension. When you enable the account again, DA will re-add the DA cronjobs that were created through DA.

I don't recommend manually editing a crontab, as they'll get wiped out when the User adds another one.

Always add cronjobs for a DA User through DA.

John

Back