Switching To Direct Admin

dazerrackers

Verified User
Im going to be switching from cPanel to direct admin because i prefer Direct Admin more user friendly. To the point though, if i was to switch to Direct Admin would i loose all the users i have on cPanel?

Ok thats cool! but im stuck, do i install DA first? then do that conversion :confused: Can anyone help :confused:

Last edited:
Hello,

You need to have a clean OS before installing DA. If you try and install it over a server with another control panel, we won't give you any support :) (too many conflict problems)

John

Hi John thanks for replying, what im saying is do i use that conversion tool now before i un-install cPanel then upload the backups after i install Direct Admin?

Hello,

I didn't write the converter, but I think you just take the cpanel backup files and convert them to DA backup files. Then you restore the User backups in DA, so it shouldn't really matter when you convert them. I'd save the backups somewhere, install DA, upload the backups, convert them, then restore the new files.

John

Ok thanks. Im still having trouble on deciding i'd like to know if Direct Admin will ever offer auto install scripts feature?

dazerrackers said:
Ok thanks. Im still having trouble on deciding i'd like to know if Direct Admin will ever offer auto install scripts feature?
www.installatron.com ;)

On the conversion process, you must run the conversion tool on your cpanel server.

Then, save the DA-formatted tarballs somewhere, setup DA, and restore your tarballs :)

how good does this script work? does it copy email account and their data? and what does it not copy proper? if you please would?

Back