Tarin skin [Unfinished]

ISOS6

Verified User
Hi!

I'm trying to make a skin for DirectAdmin that I'm going to sell. So here I show only a small picture of my job so far.

It should be as simple as Enhanced (default) DirectAdmin skin. I've basically just changed the colors and some extra sweet icons. And cleaned up links that are used rarely.

Will sell it for 20 USD per lifetime license. Buyout not possible, and not necessary either.

Thank you for the positive and negative feedback! :rolleyes:

Screenshot here

Attachments

• tarin_skin.png
    tarin_skin.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,445
Looks good. Make sure it runs proper css code so that printing it from any browser will print black on white instead of white on black.

Jeff

Trying to make a as simple as possible. There will be some bug in the beginning, I can fix it later when people have tried and found out.

But did not understand about white on black and black on white stuff.. What did you mean with that? :D

The design is white text on a black background. Many browser/printer driver combinations will convert that to black text on white background but some will not.

The ones that don't will waste a lot of black toner or ink, and in the case of an inkjet may result in a printed page actually being wet as it comes out of the printer.

The way to assure that the printout is black text on white background is to create css code to create a separate color profile for printing. Teaching css is beyond the scope of these forums ;).

Jeff

To me the printouts look ugly because of the black black backgrounds on the DirectAdmin logo and the bottons not matching the white background. Youl still haven't said if you're using CSS to manage printing separately.

To me the look of the printout is at least as important as the look on the screen, so I hope you'll consider fixing the printout issues.

Note I can't test on IE as I don't run Windows. I'm tesing on Chromium, Konqueror, and Firefox.

Jeff

Still do not understand your Printout. I have not used white in some places, where you see it?

Does anyone really take print of a control panel?

Tested it in IE, Safari and Opera, things get a little ugly in Opera, but I fix

I am referring to your image and to your sample. The white I'm referring to appears in printouts. The bottons appear black but with white between them. This is a very good looking skin, but I'd never consider it if it didn't print out well, and the way to do that is with CSS.

And yes, we certainly do use printouts. As do our clients, to keep records of changes made.

Please also make sure it looks good in Firefox. That's the most popular browser among admins these days. Since I use Linux desktops, the only browser available to me of the ones you've tested is Opera, and I choose to not use Opera.

Obviously this is your decision, and I'm not going to continue discussing it here lest it being to appear as an argument.

Jeff

Are there any languages inside other than english?
Where to download beta for trying?
Btw ... looks nice, I like it.

Suggestion: You could build the logout-button between the text "Your account" and the Mailbox/Messaging System.

Back