The Perfect Server - Debian 10 (Buster) with Apache, BIND, Dovecot, PureFTPD tutorial?

ibossonline

Verified User
Code:
On this page
1 Preliminary Note
2 Install the SSH server (Optional)
3 Install a shell text editor (Optional)
4 Configure the Hostname
5 Update your Debian Installation
6. Change the Default Shell
7 Synchronize the System Clock
8 Install Postfix, Dovecot, MariaDB, rkhunter, and Binutils
9 Install Amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, and ClamAV
10 Install Apache Web Server and PHP
11 Install Let's Encrypt
12 Install Mailman
13 Install PureFTPd and Quota
14 Install BIND DNS Server
15 Install Webalizer and AWStats
16 Install Jailkit
17 Install fail2ban and UFW Firewall
18 Install PHPMyAdmin Database Administration Tool
19 Install RoundCube Webmail (optional)
20 Download DirectAdmin
20.1 Download the stable release (recommended)
20.2 Download a pre-release version of the next 3.1 release
21 Install DirectAdmin
21.1 DirectAdmin 3 Manual
22 Virtual Machine Image Download of this Tutorial
23 Links

is somewhere can i get tutorial like this for Debian and DirectAdmin.

Why?
If you do this then you will have trouble with installing DA, for this panel its important to have a minimum install, rest will be installed by DA

Why?
If you do this then you will have trouble with installing DA, for this panel its important to have a minimum install, rest will be installed by DA
I am just asking for performance recommendations. not exactly install all software and after DA.
I am asking which options I should have on the perfect server.

There is no perfect server, only what's best for you. Choose what you need and don't install what you don't need.
DirectAdmin handles all of those steps for you.

There is no perfect server, only what's best for you. Choose what you need and don't install what you don't need.
DirectAdmin handles all of those steps for you.
yes, I get it. but if someone has no knowledge like you guys. with all due respect. I want to know which options are most popular most reliable and well to have a secured da performance webserver

for example: CentOS 7 | DA | CB 2.0 | MariaDB 10.4 | PHP 7.2 or Debian | DA | etc...

Well, most will tell you Apache + Nginx reverse proxy is the most popular and reliable.
But me, I say use OpenLiteSpeed with PHP 7.4 and MariaDB 10.4.

There are so many Variables. It's impossible to distill it down in a forum post. It more a Marathon than a sprint. It is also like opinion what Jay likes and what I like might be different. It a bit like asking what is the best cup of coffee and who makes the best... Right now focus on what works. If the system you have works then great. Performance is related to all kinds of factors.. Like Lamborghinis are super fast and performant. To own one is a different story. We all want them but maybe you can only afford and work on Mustang GTs. Some might say Peterbilt 18 wheelers are more reliable. I mean some have 4+ million miles on them. They both do a job one is super fast the other has unending longevity.
This what Jay meant when he said "There is no perfect server, only what's best for you." You need to define the task or job in which the system is to perform. Then choose components based on that need. Once you know that then you can either buy a 18 wheeler or Lamborghini or Mustang GT.

other thoughts

There are so many Variables. It's impossible to distill it down in a forum post. It more a Marathon than a sprint. It is also like opinion what Jay likes and what I like might be different. It a bit like asking what is the best cup of coffee and who makes the best... Right now focus on what works. If the system you have works then great. Performance is related to all kinds of factors.. Like Lamborghinis are super fast and performant. To own one is a different story. We all want them but maybe you can only afford and work on Mustang GTs. Some might say Peterbilt 18 wheelers are more reliable. I mean some have 4+ million miles on them. They both do a job one is super fast the other has unending longevity.
This what Jay meant when he said "There is no perfect server, only what's best for you." You need to define the task or job in which the system is to perform. Then choose components based on that need. Once you know that then you can either buy a 18 wheeler or Lamborghini or Mustang GT.

other thoughts

alwasy love your comments. thank you.

Back