The service 'lfd' on server x is currently down

mentik_yusmantara

Verified User
Greetings
Yesterday i got the message

Code:
The service 'lfd' on server x.x.com is currently down
2021-02-22 13:07
This message has been automatically generated notifying you that the service lfd is currently down.

- Before then, i just updated nginx and php actually 2 or 3 days ago. I not sure these executions affect that

After the message, i going to check "ConfigServer and Security Firewall" in DirectAdmin.
The CSF's page loaded much slower (3~5 minutes), but its still said "Firewall Status: Enabled and Running"

I am not really sure, cause of slower load, surfing on google, i check lfd status and it show
Code:
service lfd status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status lfd.service
● lfd.service - ConfigServer Firewall & Security - lfd
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/lfd.service; enabled; vendor preset:>
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2021-02-22 17:01:06 EST; 1h 2min ago
  Process: 1060 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/lfd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1182 (lfd - sleeping)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 26213)
   Memory: 392.9M
   CGroup: /system.slice/lfd.service
           └─1182 lfd - sleeping

It show "sleeping" and some time appear in top 10 services by usage resource in top command...
I restart the vps, and problem still not resolved
My server is running on Centos 8 and OpenVZ, also pretty new installation since 26 days ago.

Please, how to fix this problem?

Last edited:
You can try to rebuild/clean install lfd via CustomBuild. But i have no idea if it will fix anything. And do note that if you do an rebuild/clean install of lfd you never know what caused it in the first place.

You can try to rebuild/clean install lfd via CustomBuild. But i have no idea if it will fix anything. And do note that if you do an rebuild/clean install of lfd you never know what caused it in the first place.
Thanks @realcryptonight
This good thing i should do ...
But how can do that?
Currently i am going CustomBuild 2.0 > Build Software > None Options for LFD even CSF?

Csf isn’t supported on openvz

Thanks for the treads, my problem is same as the treads, actually @BakkerM said
"However "ConfigServer Security & Firewall" is still awefully slow compared to a system running with CentOS 7.x."
In 2020 i also used CentOS 7 looks more fast, same OpenVZ

Its good to disable CSF and LFD or keep it enabled? because CSF menu show its running and enabled, even LFD sleeping and also showing some error log, in other hand something works, website run well,
Although not supported, is enabled the CSF gain advantages in security vulnerability in OpenVZ?

Last edited:

Actually not true; OpenVZ (or better said Virtuozzo) have already a working solution for it. They will release in a newer release.

Actually not true; OpenVZ (or better said Virtuozzo) have already a working solution for it. They will release in a newer release.
That is great but it states right on the website its deprecated. Are you saying they are fixing it?

New csf v14.02

Posted on 3rd March 2020 by Chirpy
Changes:
  • Added new BETA TESTING option: MESSENGERV3. This provides the MESSENGER service utilising the local webserver. It currently supports Apache v2.4+ and Litespeed/Openlitespeed. As the first iteration this likely contains bugs and may not be suitable for production environments. See csf.conf and readme.txt for more information
  • Changed Country Code Lookup source to ipdeny.com
  • Added CC_ALLOW_SMTPAUTH to all configurations for the benefit of servers other than cPanel running Exim
  • Modify CC_ALLOW_FILTER to allow RELATED, ESTABLISHED connections through so that outgoing connection replies from remote sites not in CC_ALLOW_FILTER are accepted
  • Added a note in csf.conf regarding MESSENGER_CHILDREN, that consideration needs to be made for local images displayed on the page. The default has also been increased to 20 for new installations Modifications to MESSENGER server to speed up connection response time and improve stability
  • Modifications to LFD UI and CLUSTER server to improve stability
  • Added SUDO login alerts: LF_SUDO_EMAIL_ALERT. This will send an email alert using the sudoalert.txt template whenever there is a failed or successful SUDO connection. SUDO_LOG must be set to the correct log file. LF_SUDO_EMAIL_ALERT is disabled by default
  • Added new entry in csf.pignore on cPanel servers for v86+:
    exe:/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-hibernate
  • Added Server Check for EOL PHP v7.1
  • Removed cPanel update checks from the Server Report now that the options are no longer available in cPanel v86+
  • NOTICE: We are deprecating support for Virtuozzo/OpenVZ servers. Future releases will not take into consideration those platforms which have become onerous to support. The software application may continue to work but support and functionality is no longer guaranteed

The problem still exist and more ridiculous
Since that, i saw the server getting more slower... image rendering just a bit slower then before...
How to disable

Attachments

• LFD.png
    LFD.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I disable it via plugin manager in DA, but look like the lfd still running in service
I stop the LFD manually,
And should i disable CSF, or just LFD?
Best thanks

Last edited:
Back