The service 'netdata' on server XXX is currently down

hj98

Hello there,

I have a VPS with CentOS7 installed, DirectAdmin 1.63.9 and CustomBuild 2.0
Last night i tried to install crazy "netdata" with the command on their site as below:

wget -O /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh https://my-netdata.io/kickstart.sh && sh /tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh --claim-token 5ntr9jd2xLrY7Tft-Mdilledz5Jd-79ICji22P8u6UjSAOhewo1r2K7PuD8Ecwb35qy4PsQ-VQXUQDD30DRcZblUzhyrYyyW5dLBak_B1W9nBWhxLvEyxkzabNfA1UIv4Xs_1jA --claim-url https://app.netdata.cloud

However installation process failed because of "403 forbidden" error and at the end it said nothing installed. I am ok with that, no problem.

But the headache started today and every hour i receive a message from DA which tells: "The service 'netdata' on server XXX is currently down".

I checked following directories and if there was something about "netdata" i have removed it:

rm -Rf /usr/sbin/netdata
rm -Rf /etc/netdata
rm -Rf /usr/share/netdata
rm -Rf /usr/libexec/netdata
rm -Rf /var/cache/netdata
rm -Rf /var/log/netdata
rm -Rf /opt/netdata

I tried "userdel netdata" and got:
userdel: user 'netdata' does not exist

I tried "systemctl status netdata.service" and received:
Unit netdata.service could not be found.

I tried "systemctl mask netdata" and received:
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/netdata.service to /dev/null.

Above command showed my crazy netdata in another directory inside /etc/systemd/system/
So i tried "systemctl disable netdata" in /etc/systemd/system/

Again i tried "systemctl status netdata.service" and received:
● netdata.service
Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
Active: inactive (dead)

then checked it using "ps -ef | grep netdata" and received:
root 26492 25204 0 14:49 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto netdata

after all above actions again i receive this message "The service 'netdata' on server XXX is currently down".

i search for netdata again with: "find / -name netdata*"
and got:

/etc/systemd/system/netdata.service
/tmp/netdata-kickstart.sh

i removed netdata.service inside /etc/systemd/system (rm -rf netdata.service)
also i removed netdata-kickstart.sh inside /tmp/ (rm -rf netdata-kickstart.sh)

and unfortunately still i receive the message every hour.
Another thing, Build netdata still showing in "build software" tab of custombuild.

Now i am ready to hit my head to wall and kill myself. I don't know what else i should do to get rid of this problem.
Help me with this issue and save a life :)
any advice & help appreciated

netdata should install from cusfombuild. I don't know command. so just use Custombuild 2.0 Plugin from web interface.

but if you want to stop that message, just remove netdata in "/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status"

Thank you @jamgames2 for answering and trying to help me.
I have edited "services.status" and lets see the result.
Thank you very much.

I have the same problem on all directadmin panels! it seems to be a bug. i get the message every hour:
"The service 'netdata' on server server2.webkaj.com is currently down"
How can i disable/uninstall netdata?

If netdata is not installed and you still have the entry as mentioned by @jamgames2 in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status , it will still show the error. So, remove netdata completely from the entry (you don't even need to remove netdata package at all)

If netdata is not installed and you still have the entry as mentioned by @jamgames2 in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status , it will still show the error. So, remove netdata completely from the entry (you don't even need to remove netdata package at all)
Hellow, how exactly??
there is no uninstall file or doc in directadmin to disable or remove it!

Back