Trace Emails

aria1

Hello
I'm new to DA, I recently moved from CPanel to DA. I need to know whether there is any chance to trace emails and delivery status of the emails like CPanel in DA or not.
Thanks.

Since I don't know how cPanel does it, I can't be sure, but I'm inclined to doubt it.

Can you post a screen shot and explanation of the exact details so we can consider it if it doesnt exist?

Jeff

Hi
check the attachment please.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 131
Happened to have this topic still open (yes I sometimes have _alot_ of tabs open :D), but I would like to say that a e-mail stats page like that would be very insightful, easier to track spam as well. I don't know if this would be possible with existing logs or exim log features, but maybe we could make a feature request of it.

Isn't eximstats who generates such a report?! At least eximstats can do this:

Code:
Exim statistics from 2014-09-20 04:19:25 to 2014-09-20 18:09:50

Grand total summary
-------------------
                                                                  At least one address
  TOTAL               Volume   Messages Addresses     Hosts      Delayed       Failed
  Received              30MB        603                  36       2  0.3%      4  0.7%
  Delivered             30MB        601       601         6
  Rejects                          1191                 559
  Temp Rejects                        1                   1

Deliveries by transport
-----------------------
                      Volume    Messages
  :blackhole:          122KB         104
  dovecot_lmtp_udp      29MB         255
  remote_smtp           38KB          16
  spamcheck           1068KB         226

and this:

Code:
Top 50 local senders by message count
-------------------------------------
  Messages      Bytes    Average   Local sender
       230     1148KB       5111   mail
        59       53KB        919   user0006
        29       27KB        953   user0504
        12       13KB       1109   user0290
         9       17KB       1934   root
         8       16KB       2048   user0010
         8       7516        939   diradmin
         7       5920        845   user0003
         6       8347       1391   user0300

Top 50 local senders by volume
------------------------------
  Messages      Bytes    Average   Local sender
       230     1148KB       5111   mail
        59       53KB        919   user0060
        29       27KB        953   user0540
         9       17KB       1934   root
         8       16KB       2048   user0100
        12       13KB       1109   user029
         6       8347       1391   user0300
         8       7516        939   diradmin
         7       5920        845   user0103

What's missing there is the amounts of deliveries, rejects and such per user and domain, I think the combination of those is what makes it useful.

Very interesting page, i would appreciate a summary page like that as well :)

Maybe Alex which is good on plugins should try to work to something like that if he have few free time :)

Regards

What's missing there is the amounts of deliveries, rejects and such per user and domain, I think the combination of those is what makes it useful.

Try on your own to see what else it displays, my list is very very short example of it can do.

Code:
eximstats /var/log/exim/mainlog | less

SeLLeRoNe said:
Maybe Alex which is good on plugins should try to work to something like that if he have few free time

Thanks for kind words, if it would be of interest I could probably write it.

Well i'm pretty sure that all the DA community would appreciate something like that for multiple reasons, first of that, fight against spam :)

Regards and you're welcome :)

Since no one has decided to build a plugin, should we make this a feature request :D ?

Jeff

I've made it a feature request. Let's see if it gets more interest.

Jeff

personally, I think it should be a plugin :) :)
Alex IS the 'go to guy' for plugins and does a fantastic job !!!!
why a plugin? because I think core should be all core and all the extras come from plugins and themes :)
why complicate core and make it more heavy when its main job is to provide a top notch webhost control panel.

The actual "core" provide also statistics using awstats, and webalizer.. and other usage statistic produced by da itself... so what problem should cause? That page get load "on the fly" if an admin request it, so... normally should not afflict the server/da speed at all!

Regards

agreed but since DA has most of what we like, why not a plugin that can be enhanced to use in a more graphical way, then the plugin can have more added to get the features/looks we want, not relying on a core change to get it done :rolleyes:

The thing is: with a plugin someone has to be willing to make it, and to maintain it. Often plugins are created but sooner or later, they won't work anymore.

As this is a relative simple feature which like SeLLeRoNe says would just execute a eximstats command on the fly, and would not 'change the core' or anything.

Other then that: these stats are something that many admins probably find useful, you get more grip into your mailflow: who is sending how many mail and what happens with it.

Arieh,

Good point. We are humans. And we all live and walk under the Sun. But what if John one day decides to quit Directadmin?

Hope that someone else or another company takes over :)

But DA itself is the main pipeline, without that plugins are useless as well. Also plugins are mostly free, created in spare time where DA is commercial of course.

So in general with new features, I like to think that first we pursue the possibility of making it a DA feature, if not willing we then can see if someone wants to make a plugin for it.

Just my thoughts on it.

I agree. DA puts almost everything in core, it would be good to have an extra button on the server summary page.
On top of that, they already collect most of the information at the user level, so methods are already written.

A plugin could take a different, deeper approach, using existats, but that tool can already generate html, among other formats, so anybody can have daily server stats using cron.

Back