Transfer Wordpress site to other domain

uFNation

Hi Folks,

I'm fairly new to DirectAdmin and Wordpress, I'm currently fixing a website for a domain that is not hosted by me but will be hosted by me in the near future, my question is, is it possible to transfer a Wordpress website from subdomain.olddomain.com to a newdomain.com?

Or is it just a matter of downloading the Wordpress content and upload it to the new domain?

Kind regards,
Jeremy

On the same server you can copie it over, and afterwards must search/replace websitepathes in DB and check htaccess. Keep in mind that also the DB credentials will may need change.
Onto another server, you can make it manually (copy over files, DL/Restore DB in new DB, correct pathes,..) or I`d recommend free AkeebaBackup with its restorescript, where you can change pathes, DB and search/replace on the fly, the script guides you.

Use duplicator. Or if you have softaculous clone it with that. Or just move all files from public_html subdomain to public_html of the root domain.

Use same database or export database and import to new one.

Login to phpmyadmin. Go to table wp_options (or what prefix you use) And change the "site_url" and "home" from subdomain.olddomain.com to newdomain.com

Use duplicator. Or if you have softaculous clone it with that. Or just move all files from public_html subdomain to public_html of the root domain.

Use same database or export database and import to new one.

Login to phpmyadmin. Go to table wp_options (or what prefix you use) And change the "site_url" and "home" from subdomain.olddomain.com to newdomain.com
On the same server you can copie it over, and afterwards must search/replace websitepathes in DB and check htaccess. Keep in mind that also the DB credentials will may need change.
Onto another server, you can make it manually (copy over files, DL/Restore DB in new DB, correct pathes,..) or I`d recommend free AkeebaBackup with its restorescript, where you can change pathes, DB and search/replace on the fly, the script guides you.
I will go and try one of the methods, I did a little more research as well and came across All in One WP Migration, this one has 5+Milion activations currently, so I assume it's a plugin that works.

Back