Under the same IP address, can multiple virtual machine installations in the LAN share a key?

calmok

Verified User
Please ask if directadmin is permanently authorized. Under the same IP address, can multiple virtual machine installations in the LAN share a key?

I remember that in the past, only one KEY can be used for an external IP address. What can I do if I want to use directadmin for multiple machines in my LAN?

You can't, each installation needs own key. Or last machine that will communicate with licensing system will work - all another will be dropped. Also if they all will check their licenses - yor IP/license will be rate-limited.

You can't, each installation needs own key. Or last machine that will communicate with licensing system will work - all another will be dropped. Also if they all will check their licenses - yor IP/license will be rate-limited.
whether multiple authorizations can correspond to one public IP address?

Each virtual machine would need its own license key. The moment you install DA on a 2nd virtual machine, you would experience loss of licensing on the first one (DA would show as expired).

Each virtual machine would need its own license key. The moment you install DA on a 2nd virtual machine, you would experience loss of licensing on the first one (DA would show as expired).
How to set the authorized IP address of the virtual machine? I have only one external IP address. There are multiple machines in the LAN that need to install directadmin
At present, it seems that one IP can only correspond to one authorization. If the authorized IP is authorized again, an error will be reported

How to set the authorized IP address of the virtual machine? I have only one external IP address. There are multiple machines in the LAN that need to install directadmin
At present, it seems that one IP can only correspond to one authorization. If the authorized IP is authorized again, an error will be reported

By default, your license key will work on any IP address. Where you set the IP at the top of your license is a legacy field that is mostly ignored now, and soon we will remove it entirely to avoid further confusion. The authority now is the license key, not the IP address. IP address now only functions as a secondary & optional authority.

So if you are getting an error, then view the license in your account and scroll down to "IP Restrictions" and clear out anything that is there. IP Restrictions is a whitelist which means only the IP(s) in the list can use the license key. If the list is empty, then the license key will work everywhere, automatically. This is the secondary & optional authority I just talked about.

So if your IP Restrictions is clear, then don't worry -- there's nothing you need to set. Doesn't matter if it's LAN/WAN, IP changing all the time, etc. Your key will always work, anywhere.

By default, your license key will work on any IP address. Where you set the IP at the top of your license is a legacy field that is mostly ignored now, and soon we will remove it entirely to avoid further confusion. The authority now is the license key, not the IP address. IP address now only functions as a secondary & optional authority.

So if you are getting an error, then view the license in your account and scroll down to "IP Restrictions" and clear out anything that is there. IP Restrictions is a whitelist which means only the IP(s) in the list can use the license key. If the list is empty, then the license key will work everywhere, automatically. This is the secondary & optional authority I just talked about.

So if your IP Restrictions is clear, then don't worry -- there's nothing you need to set. Doesn't matter if it's LAN/WAN, IP changing all the time, etc. Your key will always work, anywhere.
So now DA can be install on Dynamic IP too and IP change is not required anymore?

Back