Update Directadmin on Centos 5

moon_88

Verified User
Hello!
I am working on an old Centos 5 server, which is end-of-life OS, but I need to update php version at least,

so when I run : ./build update
I keep getting this error : " version of cwaf_rules not found in versions_cwaf.txt! "

and when I try to install new version : ./build php d
I get this error : " webp/decode.h not found "
although ./build libwebp succeeds.

Any ideas ?

CentOS 5 is an unsupported OS. Upgrade to CentOS 7 or a supported OS of your choice.

You are putting your server and websites at extreme risk of being hacked by running such an old version of CentOS, that is unless you have everything completely firewalled off to only trusted IP addresses - but I am going to guess that isn't the case.

Is there any reason you are unable to upgrade?

Yes , can't update cause of this yum error : "M2Crypto.SSL.SSLError: tlsv1 alert protocol version"

Yes , can't update cause of this yum error : "M2Crypto.SSL.SSLError: tlsv1 alert protocol version"

You cannot perform in-place updates from CentOS 5 to newer versions (i.e. 6/7/8). Instead, you need to take a backup of all your data, reinstall the operating system with CentOS 7, for example, which is supported until 2024 (you can even ask your hosting provider to do this for you) and then you can upload the backups you created to /home/admin/admin_backups, and restore them via DirectAdmin -> Admin Tools -> Admin Backup/Transfer -> RESTORE

Back