Updating to Litespeed Enterprise 6.0

dassels

Verified User
Hello, I wasn't sure where to put this as I couldn't find a category for Litespeed, so hopefully this is ok.

Now that the official release is out, I'm trying to figure out what is the correct way to update from 5.4. I don't see the file in versions.txt like one would for OLS. So I don't know what the correct terms to use would be for updating a custom_versions.txt (as mentioned here).

I did see that litespeed says to update via command:

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 6.0​

But not sure though if that will cause problems if it is something that needs to be handled by custombuild rather directly updating.

I also tried updating the build to see if it would show up but that didn't do anything.

Has anyone updated to LS 6.0? How did you do it?

Ok it looks like it just needed some time before it was added to the custombuild repo as it just showed up in the admin panel saying an update was needed. Updated and it seemed to go fine. (y)

I just updated LSWS to 6.0 via web console, because I missed updates myself for some time. No notices appeared anywhere in DA. But after updating it shows as "LiteSpeed 6.0 downgrade to 5.4.12 is available" in CustomBuild. Quite an option ;) I really don't care what it should mean, just wrote if anyone has similar question about LSWS 6.0.

No notices appeared anywhere in DA. But after updating it shows as "LiteSpeed 6.0 downgrade to 5.4.12 is available"
Maybe you have a custom version txt. Or your on a old 3rd party mirrors?

DA stoped supporting 3rd party mirrors about 6 or 12 months ago. So if your options.conf has one of those old mirrors you might see weird behavior like a downgrade.

run
./build set_fastest
See if it changes your mirror.

not in front of the documentation currently but I think if you look for 3rd party mirrors you might find it.

Last edited:
DA stoped supporting 3rd party mirrors about 6 or 12 months ago. So if your options.conf has one of those old mirrors you might see weird behavior like a downgrade.
I don't think user should be kept under pressure to look if DA has stopped or started supporting one kind of mirrors or another.

Updating CustomBuild version removed that LSWS "Downgrade" suggestion.

Just letting you know if you missed something.
Thanks for that. Actually I did miss something - other web control panels, while I was into DA, but now it's also fixed.

Back