Upgrade to Directadmin 1.62 SSL carootcert not working

DigiWorks

Verified User
Since the upgrade to 1.62 DA won't accept the carootcert file and i get these errors (DirectAdmin won't start):

The error is a little different: 'fatal creating main HTTP server error=newServer failed to initialize TLS certificate cache: open /usr/local/directadmin/conf/cabundle.pem: no such file or directory' ofcourse the file is there. In this file is a root and intermediate certificate from Sectigo

or

HTTP server error=newServer failed to initialize TLS certificate cache: tls: private key does not match public key port=2222'

If i disable the line 'carootcert=' in directadmin.conf DA will start without any problems and with SSL.

All of our servers have the same issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same issue on all our servers.
Since the last automatic update to DA 1.62, DA won't start. Removing the carootcert line from the config solves the problem, but of course an update shouldn't stop DA from working.

I found the following comment in the forum post about the update: "Please make sure cert has newline at the end of the file. Pre-release has it fixed, but latest stable expects newline to be there."

I found the following comment in the forum post about the update: "Please make sure cert has newline at the end of the file. Pre-release has it fixed, but latest stable expects newline to be there."

This doesn't change anything. Still the same error.

Same here.
Newline is no solution, removing carootcert from directadmin.conf is a workaround.

That's strange. I updated Directadmin, placed the carootcert line back in directadmin.conf and restarted Directadmin. Works fine on my end.

Back