Urgend!! Can't add ns1 at server's ip

kvoul

Verified User
I have problem on adding nameservers.

When i try to add one ns assigned on my server's ip through the x reseller area (the reseller i want his domain as ns.x), i got the message

Virtual Nameservers have been added to domain. They will not show up in the nameserver's section, but do exist in the domain's dns zone.

But i still cant see nameserver at servers ip

How can i add the same there too???

Also i cant see netmask there, and i cant assign a reseller. Is there something wrong???

Becasue of hurry I tried this: In admin account, at ip managment, i added a fake ip and i assigned it to the x reseller. The i tried to add ns1 and ns2 to both ips from the x reseller admin area and then i got the error message:
(ip)****** is the server ip and you are not allowed to create a nameserver on it

The strange is that at my other server i see the server ip assigned as ns1. Why i can not do this at this sever too??

Please help me because if not i can not see my sites or read my emails

thank you

Last edited:
Hello,

The first thing to note is that the "nameserver" values for the IPs in the nameserver page is only cosmetic. They don't have to show up there to have correctly working nameservers.

Since the "server IP" is shared between many reseller, DA does not allow any Reseller to set a nameserver into that field. They can still create their nameservers just fine by clicking "virtual" which does the exact same thing, except it doen't set them into those fields.

With the virtual checkbox, their IPs will be set to the values of the lookups on the ns1/ns2 values that are set in Admin Level -> Admin Settings, so make sure they resolve correctly before doing this.

Nameserver are much simpler than most people realize.
On your DA server there are only a few things needed:

1) the ns1 and ns2 "A" records resolve. Do this by adding "A" records in your dns zone for your domain.

2) Any domain that wants to use those nameservers should have them set in their NS records.

3) The rest of the things you need to do are all done at your registar.
a) register ns1 and ns2 as nameservers so that the 13 master dns machine in the world know who you are.
b) for any domain that needs to use them, set those ns1/ns2 values to that domain.

That's it.

John

Back