Use MySQL instead of Maria DB (?)

This doesn't work, I ve tested this solution earlier today.
./build "mysql" asks to install mysql 5.5 and then upgrade it to 8.0
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest
./build clean
./build update
./build set mysql_backup yes
./build set "mysql" 5.5
./build set mysql_inst "mysql"
./build "mysql"

So then this ? what happens?

so I apologize if I said something wrong.
No apologies needed. One can sometimes oversee things when very busy. I was just pointing out that there is a refund policy.

It's not that much reading. Normally it's installation and then pre-install commands and then setup auto and your ready. Indeed if you want another mysql version or something, that might need a bit reading.

DA is not like CP and not like Plesk, neither are the others. They are different panels and the pricing says a lot. That's why CP is easier. You want to drive Ferrari, you pay Ferrari. We here beter like to drive Mercedes/Audi, if you compare it with cars. ;)

./build "mysql" asks to install mysql 5.5 and then upgrade it to 8.0
That's indeed is odd. At least when indeed in options.conf the mysql version is set to 8.0

But I see Brent and Zhenyapan are already on your case to help, I'm sure it will be fixed for you soon.

You may have to do this one
You may have to do this one
I ve tried all available solutions of the Forum and the website. This why I was asking if DA is "binded" to MariaDB.
I found out that running the installation in interactive mode is the best solution to avoid MariaDB installation and make MySQL work

We here beter like to drive Mercedes/Audi
My daily driver is an Audi TT Convertible. I do not know Mercedes and Ferrari, perhaps they are good cars, but I am sure they are not like Audi.
Audi works 24/7 with temperatures > -28°

This why I was asking if DA is "binded" to MariaDB.

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build opt_help
------------------------------------------
MySQL Settings
------------------------------------------
mysql: 8.0. Current value: 8.0. Default value: 8.0.
mariadb: 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6. Current value: 10.6. Default value: 10.6.
mysql_inst: mysql, mariadb, no. Current value: mariadb. Default value: mariadb.
mysql_backup: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes.
mysql_backup_gzip: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: no.
mysql_backup_dir: userinput. Current value: /sys_backup/mysql_backups. Default value: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups.
mysql_force_compile: yes, no. Current value: no. Default value: no.

Yes the default install is MariaDB

I think is the question.

CustomBuild 2.0 comes with the following output when I try to build mysql

View attachment 5714

For those who might face the same issue. From the screen can I see the error: "cmake: command not found". Thus I suppose that's the core issue, and in order to solve the issue the "cmake" should be installed. For this one should run:

Code:
dnf install -y cmake

in a bash console as root, and then try the MySQL installation once again.

I have the same problem. I have MariaDB 10.6 and MySQL both installed on DirectAdmin, but I can not switch from MariaDB to MySQL.
I tried all the solution from this forum, but all failed.

Even if the problem might look the same, errors or cases might differ. In case you don't provide enough details, we hardly can help you on the forums. And the best advice in a lack of details would be to hire somebody to complete the migration.

Back