user backup restoration via admin account

Darkc0d3r

Verified User
hi
it is a simple question
can i as an admin account restore user generated level backup via admin?
i may move the user backup from
/home/username/backups/whatever.tar.gz to /home/admin/admin_backups
and then restore it for the user ?
i am asking this because via admin account restoration takes place in server and admin will be notified via a system message but in user level restoration it sometimes take a long time for checking archive and then when you click restore it may break the operation via timeout or some other problem which wont happen in admin level restoration , so is it possible for admin account to restore user level generated backup or not?

Hello,

Not sure about a possibility to restore user-level backup on admin/reseller level, you might want to try it and update us with your results though.

restore it may break the operation via timeout or some other problem

Regarding timeouts, might we need to ask John to review this part? And might we need to ask him to change it to offline mode?

Hello,

Not sure about a possibility to restore user-level backup on admin/reseller level, you might want to try it and update us with your results though.

Regarding timeouts, might we need to ask John to review this part? And might we need to ask him to change it to offline mode?

i tried
first i changed the name that make the file name compatible to admin level backup
then i set the file to be restored via admin and with ssh top command i monitored server activity , typically watching over mysqld , tar , gzip and ...
after some time a system ticket generated with some errors like these
Code:
Unable to read /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/passwd : Unable to open /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/passwd for reading.

Unable to read /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/aliases Unable to open /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/aliases for reading.

Unable to read /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/autoresponder.conf Unable to open /home/sheta/backups/backup/sheta.ir/email/autoresponder.conf for reading.

Unable to read /home/user/backups/backup/domain.com/email/vacation.conf Unable to open /home/user/backups/backup/domain/email/vacation.conf for reading.

Unable to read /home/user/backups/backup/domain.com/email/email.conf Unable to get Lock on file:
open error for /home/user/backups/backup/domain.com/email/email.conf.lock: No such file or directory
/home/user/backups/backup/domain.com/email: No such file or directory
which i dont think to important , i check the site it was up and running and ask the site owner to check database and files and he admits that everything is fine and perfect.
but for the sake of making things easy for users and admins, i think it would be great if both admin and user level backup follow the same rules and be totally compatible to each other or making user level restoration offline (i think this choice would be more preferable)
since i have a lot of problem for user level backups which contain many files (more than 30k file such as pictures or ...)
i think it is good to make all backup restoration process offline in user level

Back