Users Login History Bug

Hello,

Maybe give us this output:
Code:
ls -la /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin
If the main login.hist is missing/broken, then it would have a trickle down effect.

John

Scuse me but the data you requested was supplied and I've been waiting for waiting for a response or a bug fix for 3 days now...???

I know it's a Cannuck holiday, but I also know that you have responded to others during the past few days and have basically left this issue hanging...

Code:
drwx------  4 diradmin diradmin  4096 Sep  1 09:05 .
drwx--x--x  8 diradmin diradmin  4096 Sep  1 06:02 ..
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin   186 Sep  1 04:22 admin.allocation
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin   324 May  1 20:17 admin.conf
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     6 Apr 24 23:46 admin.list
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin   139 Sep  1 04:22 admin.usage
-rw-r--r--  1 diradmin diradmin   292 Apr 20 12:52 a_welcome.txt
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    84 May 11 23:35 backup.conf
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     0 Apr 21 15:01 backup_crons.list
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    42 May 12 14:31 ip.list
drwx------  2 diradmin diradmin  4096 Sep  1 04:22 ips
<b>-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     0 Aug 31 20:54 login.hist</b>
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     0 Aug  3 12:38 lost_password_request.txt
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     3 Aug 15 08:11 next_ticket.number
drwx------  2 diradmin diradmin  4096 Aug 15 08:12 packages
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    70 Jun 26 14:12 packages.list
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin  7576 Sep  1 04:22 php_safe_mode.cache
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    67 Jun 26 19:06 reseller.list
-rw-r--r--  1 diradmin diradmin  1445 Apr 22 17:02 r_welcome.txt
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    81 May 12 14:38 services.status
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin    93 Apr 21 05:39 services.status.old
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin 14229 Sep  1 04:22 show_all_users.cache
-rw-------  1 diradmin diradmin     0 Aug 15 08:11 tickets.list

I know how to get rid of the link but the problem is that everytime you do DA update, the links you get rid of re-appear cuz DA automatically updates the skin...

Only if you are dumb enough to actually edit the skins that DA supplies. That would not be too bright would it.

If you want to edit one of the skins copy it and then edit the copy. DA won't touch your personal copy. Then from within the control panel you can choose to use the copy instead of one of the other ones. But as someone already said you won't automatically get any of the new features doing that.

LOLOL... I figured Floyd would jump right in and I'll bet he is jammering about how it's not DA's fault (as always), and how easy it is to fix...

Well it is easy to fix if all you want to do is remove the link.

Floyd said:
Then remove the link from the skin. Takes about 30 seconds. I know you want DA to do but as you said its been months now. So you can either continue to wait for DA to do it or take 30 seconds out of your day and remove it yourself. Its in the show_domain.html file.

Only if you are dumb enough to actually edit the skins that DA supplies. That would not be too bright would it.

You wanna tell me why it's so dumb to edit the skins when there are quite a few other skins out there...

And who the hell are you to say what is dumb and what is not???..

Was the login.hist problem resolved?

Yes and no...

So far it has been determined that if you follow these steps you will not be able to view the users login history (still waiting for a response from John on this)...

1) Log in as "admin" click on "Show All Users"...

2) Click on any user...

3) Click on the "Login as xxxx" button in order to log into that users account...

4) Lastly Click on "Login History", and I'm betting that all you will ever see in any users account is:

Here is the Login History for your latest visits

Unable to read login history file

Logging in using the account holders username and password is not an issue...

Logging in and viewing "Login History" using the above method is an issue on my server...

Don't know about anybody else's yet...

Last edited:
If the user has not yet logged in, and you then use the "login as" button, then that would be correct. The login.hist file does not yet exist, because the user has not yet logged in.

A user must login directly with his own password (not the login-as feature) in order to create the login.hist file. Using the login-as feature does not count as a login, so if the user has not previously logged in, it will not create the login.hist.

John

If the user has not yet logged in, and you then use the "login as" button, then that would be correct. The login.hist file does not yet exist, because the user has not yet logged in.

A user must login directly with his own password (not the login-as feature) in order to create the login.hist file. Using the login-as feature does not count as a login, so if the user has not previously logged in, it will not create the login.hist.

John

John.. I understand what you are saying...

BUT, the server admin cannot see the login data in the user's control panel when he logs into the user's account via the servers admin panel even AFTER the user has logged in...

That is the primary problem..

When I log into the control panel of one of my sites as a regular user, I see the history... I do NOT see it when I log in as the server admin...

If a customer has a problem, I will need the custmers login information in order to view it...

Instead of waiting for a response from the customer and in order to expedite the login process I will have to change his email address to that of the server admins so his password can be sent to me, so I can log into his control panel. Once logged in, I will have to change his email address back to the one I deleted just to see his login history...

This is a royal pain in the ass... :(

Ed

Last edited:
RadMan, while I don't doubt that you are having issues, I just want to let you know that I am not seeing the same issue on my server. I can login as the admin user, show all users, login as a user, and then see their login history. I'm not sure what might be causing your problem. Good luck at getting it resolved.

RadMan, while I don't doubt that you are having issues, I just want to let you know that I am not seeing the same issue on my server. I can login as the admin user, show all users, login as a user, and then see their login history. I'm not sure what might be causing your problem. Good luck at getting it resolved.

Thanks Jeremy..

I can login as the admin user, show all users, login as a user, and then see their login history.

...by clicking on the "Login As (username)" button or by logging out as admin and then logging in as the user???...

Ed

I have now seen both the light and the error of my ways...:eek:

My issue with the "Login History" has been resolved... :)

There is no bug in the feature...

I have been logging into the sites via ftp relentlessly and I was under the assumption that it was the ftp login history as well as the control panel login history that was being reported in the users "Login History" as they both use the same username and password and one would assume that it was the login history for anybody logging into the user sites via both methods...

My assumption was my bad... My apologies for the disruption...

Last edited:
Back