using clientexec with DA

i started w/ CE and was the wrost thing ever.

now we moved over to modernbill, which is 100 times better then CE

02 cents,

dont waste your money on CE

You've not actually explained why is was the "worst" thing ever....

I've found the support team to be most helpful and generally attentive to feature requests.

servertweak said:
i started w/ CE and was the wrost thing ever.

now we moved over to modernbill, which is 100 times better then CE

02 cents,

dont waste your money on CE

I've heard the same things about ModernBill and know many who dump it for it's complexity, etc.

None of them are perfect, and CE is getting better. the 2.7 RC1 Just came out..looks good..lots of new stuff and fixes.

matthewventura said:
I'm waiting for v5 of modernbill to be done then I'm installing that and seeing how that works.
I've never used CE.

I'm also waiting for ModernBill 5 to come out before I decide if we're going to do our own billing system or not.
If I'm not happy with modernbill then I'll just create my own billing system. If I can get 10 people to chip in $100 each then I can create one with everyone's desired features built in assuming they don't conflict with each other.

A thousand dollars isn't a lot to create a full-featured billing system (I've created them in the past, and even full accounting systems, going back into the 70s).

If we create our own we'll be creating it for us; that will be our first interest :) .

It will be automated for DA only, at least at first. Obviously it'll have connectivity only to billing systems we use, at least at first.

And maybe afterwards we'll be interested in making it work for everyone.

A few people have written about creating their own billing systems. I'm not posting this to take the wind out of your sails, but only to let you know that we and a few others have written about it.

Jeff

Back