verifying reseller?

fahim5001

how do i verify a reseller?

i found the site below which is selling life time license for 120$

buydirectadmin[dot]com

It has never been allowed, so nothing has changed. :)
Wrong. It has been allowed in the past (until last year somewhere). Licenses were transferred to your own account.
The only thing which was never allowed was selling internal lifetime licenses. ;)

I was talking about reselling DirectAdmin when I posted the reply. @fahim5001 is both talking about "verify a reseller" and then "selling life time license", wich to me meant illegal reselling, and reselling has never been allowed. When you sell a used life time license (wich was allowed previous, then you are not a reseller, you are simply selling your used licence).

Last edited:
What do you find complicated?

I didn't want to start a discussion with Ditto, but imho he's partly still looking at it the wrong way. Reseller+selling lifetime license wasn't directly illegal, it depends on the situation.

The way of speaking can cause complications. People also talk about reselling when datacenters or vps/dedi hosters "sell" internal licenses to their custumers, which can only be "sold" together with a vps or dedi server.

Reselling internal licenses was allowed before too. Ditto made it a bit complicated. We have a lifetime internal license. However, we can only use that at a certain datacenter. Since we don't have a server there anymore, that license can't be used until we do again. The datacenter is called the reseller.
So yes, also in the past a reseller could sell legally lifetime licenses.
There were also people (hosters/resellers) who were buying and reselling the "normal" lifetime licenses, he wants to call it used licenses, but that doesn't matter, used or not used, they are/were lifetime licenses. And there were company's trading them which was also legal at that time. However, this is not a "official reseller" as some other panels have/had. They never existed as far as I know.

I don't know how it works with selling lifetime internal licenses, only to be used in the datacentrum you bought them. I don't know if they still exist or nowadays only renting of internal licenses from datacenters are possible.

Last edited:
Back