virtualhosts

klemens

Verified User
Hello,

how much virtualhosts can apache + directadmin have. Now i have more than 500 domains on this server, and now i have problems whit apache all the time

Server is 2x quad core + 12GB of memory...

I have thousands of vhosts on a single core machine with 1 GB of ram. Works fine.

All depends on how well the server and database beckend are configured.
There is no limit on the domains or virtualhosts a distribution can serve, just on how many concurrent users are visiting a page, and how much load the PHP (or any other interpreted/native server side) applications are asking to the system and database backend.

Since you have a very high amount of RAM, I'd say that you can at least install a PHP opcode cacher and make MySQL cache in memory at least all the index and a few hundreds of the most used tables, depending on their size.
Hire someone to do it.

Note that tillo's response was to klemens, and not to Floyd; 1GB of memory is NOT a high amount :).

Jeff

The point of my statement is that klemens should have no problem running 500 domains with his server. The number of domains is not directly related to server resources.

klemens states that now he has problems with apache but instead of telling us what the problems are or what the errors are or any other symptoms so that we could actually help him he gives us information about the server specs which is not really relevant.

Back