Wanted: Sysadmin for one-time installation

komrade

Verified User
I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, here it is again....

I've been trying to install a program on my server which I thought was going to be easy enough when I started but I think I've just dug myself a big hole.

The program I wanted to put on is dspace (a self-archiving database/interface). It requires Tomcat, postgresql, Apache Ant and Java. Apache Ant and Java were obviously easy enough to install but I've been going mad trying to get Tomcat and postgresql working nicely. It's been about a night and day straight of reading through this forum and all over the net trying to sort out my gaps of ignorance.

If any experienced sysadmin would like to take the job out of my hands from here I would be happy to pay something for their work. I think Tomcat is installed correctly, but I think I've made a mess with the permissions etc. with postgresql and dspace. Send me an email to nikkels gmail (I"m guessing that's obvious enough) if you're interested and capable

Isn't anyone interested in this? Easy money if you know what you're doing... ;)

I'm trying to make some time to take on new work from non-contract clients.

Please contact me offlist if you're still interested.

Jeff

Hello

I've pm'd you today if you are still looking for a person to install your software on a centos based server.

Rates are reasonable.

regards

Jon

When it rains it pours :)

I was just about to update this post. I had someone contact me on the 13th who jumped right in, sorted everything out and had this installed very quickly. If anyone is interested I would highly recommend him (ballyn) lowdownconsultingcom. Remove the parantheses and add a . and @.

Back