What happend to CustomBuild?

Canary

Verified User
Seems there have been major changes to the recent versions of CustomBuild. Near 300 lines of code has been stripped from the build script and the current version does not support building some libraries like libiconv, libpng and libjpeg.

Is there any reason for those changes and do we have to compile those libraries manually from now on?

Seems there have been major changes to the recent versions of CustomBuild. Near 300 lines of code has been stripped from the build script and the current version does not support building some libraries like libiconv, libpng and libjpeg.

Is there any reason for those changes and do we have to compile those libraries manually from now on?
Are you sure there is no libpng there? As that sounds strange :) Please try "./build libpng".

Regarding libraries that had no releases in X years - OS versions of them are used, as they're fully compatible with the software built.

Sorry! libpng is there but iconv is gone. As far as I checked libiconv and its development package is not part of the official CentOS repositories. iconv binary is in glibc-common rpm for CentOS 7 but I couldn't find the library and the c header files.
Thanks

Sorry! libpng is there but iconv is gone. As far as I checked libiconv and its development package is not part of the official CentOS repositories. iconv binary is in glibc-common rpm for CentOS 7 but I couldn't find the library and the c header files.
Thanks
glibc-headers provided /usr/include/iconv.h is sufficient as the header file.

Back