When clients do not read

LawsHosting

Verified User
So, a client wants to leave because their DA VPS is unmanaged.

They asked me to do some changes, when I said it's their responsibility, they "raged".

can you please set up Wildcard Server Aliases for the following domains (ServerAlias *.<domain>) to the Custom httpd configurations:

I actually replied to the ticket saying they can use Domain Pointers as an ALIAS to a main domain... Which, to me, would work? 🤷‍♂️

I mean, my T&Cs are clear, if they failed to read them, their hard luck.

The moral of the story, read stuff.... 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. Unfortunately there will always bu customers which don't read and then start complaining if things are not going their way.
Or if they ask for some support which is not free.

I've been lucky not to have such customers yet. However, I experienced the same with forum users. They register and don't read the privacy statement and rules and regulations.
They click themselves the option to receive admin emails and new post notifications by mail.

And then they leave a forum, don't take any effort to ask for account removal or disable notifications and at a certain moment they get a birthday greeting, which they then mark as spam, and then we get an abuse message of the ISP for sending spam.
Because the ISP doesn't do any effort to check if something is spam, on reception they just forward it in an abuse message.

Sometimes customers and users are really exhausting. :)

So, a client wants to leave because their DA VPS is unmanaged.

They asked me to do some changes, when I said it's their responsibility, they "raged".

I actually replied to the ticket saying they can use Domain Pointers as an ALIAS to a main domain... Which, to me, would work? 🤷‍♂️

I mean, my T&Cs are clear, if they failed to read them, their hard luck.

The moral of the story, read stuff.... 🤷‍♂️
Is this the same one with all the issues a month ago?
People dont read tos it’s been proven. They also don’t know what un managed is. I like Self Managed...

Sometimes its worth it and sometimes not. Like a customer could bad mouth you on a forum you are part of and you actually lose business or they could praise you for your help on that same forum and you gain business. Sometimes its worth the extra effort and sometimes not.

Wait... you didn't dance and wash their car also? ;):cool:

I have a special maintenance package for clients as such :) Less then "managed" service but still some.

I generally do it for the customer because it takes less time than explaining why I am not going to do it...
I have added more "email" accounts for clients than I care to remember...

I generally do it for the customer because it takes less time than explaining why I am not going to do it...
I have added more "email" accounts for clients than I care to remember...
Of course, if it's "shared" hosting, I'd always help to a limit..

This was an unmanaged VPS - I do offer a fee to install DA on them, but that's my limit.

Of course, if it's "shared" hosting, I'd always help to a limit..

This was an unmanaged VPS - I do offer a fee to install DA on them, but that's my limit.
Hi Peter.
Do you also offer them a price for doing the service for them if they want to lat you do it?

Pricelist for the half hour minimum and onwards service and support, for the unmanaged servers... i mean, then you have some problems while you have to know how they work.
That costs time in first support visit, also the contract they do yes or no udpates and responsible , also for working sofware if you must do payed udpates for them

PFF no no better no payed support maybe for the unmanaged, while risk something breaks is... , contracts yes or no not really helpful in conflicts if they give a bad review and so on... :(

Back