When will DA have an new update ?

Active8

Verified User
The latest version is now for more then 6 months old ! (27-sept-2020)
There are lot of bugfixes as seen on the forums in the pre-release channels but no official release till now.

Why is DA waiting with rolling out the new versions of DA?

Unless it's fixing bugs or security issues - I have no issue with the lack of updates.

I have a strong dislike for updates just for the sake of updating. The *ahem* *cough* *cough* other popular control panel seems to make a big deal when a new version is released only to find out the only change was that SpamAssasin was updated to a new version.

There's really not a lot that changes for the control panel anyway. I think a lot of DirectAdmin's utilities are updated through Custombuild fairly regularly.

DA will have a lot of new features.
I am using the latest pre-release version on the production server and everything is working fine :)

Pro-tip: You can always downgrade to the stable version whenever you want.

DirectAdmin has announced in LowEndTalk a new version is comming soon, also, we will be able to install prebinaries but only with bugfixes (so no beta testing nor new features) that way, we will get instant bug fixes and we won't need to install prebinaries for that.

I am glad they are making such changes as there have been quite a lot bug fixes on file manager that are only avaliable through prebinaries.

Back