which API command should I use for domain supend?

mangelot

Verified User
Hello,

I'm wondering what is the best method to suspend domains as admin.
I dont want to suspend the entire user account, but only the (unpaid) domain.

I would like to achive this for our billing system, that if a user didn't pay for a domain the domain gets suspended. and his other domains (paid) in the same account are staying online..

but i need to do this as admin also for reseller domains...(possible?)

any solution? example script to build/modify?

regards Marco

AFAIK doesnt exist the ability to suspend just one domain of a single user.

But should be a nice feature, maybe you should try to ask for this in feature request subforum.

Regards

The request confuses me. Do you sell hosting to multiple domain owners under one user account?

Jeff

We sell hosting packages to users with multiple domains.

example:
customer buyed in september a hosting package and a domain.
in oktober they ordered an extra (or multiple) domain(s) and add these the the owned hosting package.

after a year (september) they receive the renewal reminder en they paid the order for hosting package an domain.

next year oktober they receive an renewal reminder but payment stays out.
thats why we would like to disable/suspend these unpaid domains.

in the future we are planning this scenario...
we are plannig a new system for renewal of the packages or domains.
customers receive an renewal reminder email 2 month before package/domain expires, and pays directly online (by paypal and others) an the renewal will update instantly +1 year (API registar)

1 month before package expires and customer didnt paid yet!
they receive another reminder that the package/domain will we set to suspend (quarantaine).

If still not paid by the end off that last month (expire date) we will use the API from registrar and DA the force removal off our systems.

hope you understand the situation?

:)

I do understand. I'd handle it differently. If a user with a one-year contract buys an add-on domain I'd prorate it so the entire account expires at the same time. To me, anyway, billing by user makes more sense. You may of course disagree.

Jeff

Thats also possible, but I prefer an by ordered/time domainname suspend.
its simple to adjust our billing system to it and our registar API.

just being curious... do you also have resellers?
If so, if an reseller doesn't pay for some domain do you then suspend the hole reseller account? or do you not resell domains?

regards Marco

We actually specialize in reseller hosting. Our terms are very flexible; we work with our resellers, and charge a 5% late fee for late-payers. We almost never have had to suspend a client. Since it costs little to continue hosting a site while trying to collect, we'd rather do this then scare them off by suspending them.

To answer your question, though, or resellers pay for their entire account as due; we don't give them the benefit of being able to choose which customers they want to have suspended.

We also offer mostly unlimited everything except space and transit.

One thing we do is change passwords when people don't pay; that way when they can't log in, they get back to us fairly quickly.

But that's just us.

Jeff

Hello,

To suspend a User domain as "admin", it would use CMD_API_DOMAIN, based on the CMD_DOMAIN command.

method: POST
action=select
select0=domain.com
suspend=anytext

and to use the admin name/password, you'd use the normal "login-as" method, eg:
Code:
$username = "admin|[b]fred[/b]";
$password = "[b]adminpassword[/b]";
where fred is the User that owns domain.com.

note that this is a toggle. So if you call it twice, it will undo the first call.

For more info, run DA in debug mode with the "grep string" option, and suspend a domain with your browser.
Compare the output with the output generated when doing it through your script.

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=293
http://help.directadmin.com/index.php?topic=19

On a side-note, there is nothing stopping User fred from Unsuspending his domain.
Domain suspensions are designed to be controlled by the User.
The Admin/Reseller would suspend the entire account if needed.

John

Back