Which control panel do you prefer? cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin etc...

I am a long time (maybe too long) cPanel user and I decide to give a try to DA. It looks nice, I had some problem (still have) to understand how is working, but I start to like it. I remember working to much on Windows but when first time I hit Linux, was for me amazing. Good job DA !!!
It is more nice that I have to work more from command line :)

Regards,
George B.

Hmmm, i guess you need to post this on other community forum .. not here this is for directadmin user and of course we will response Directadmin as we use it

I am a DA user with a license, it is not about politics here, I am not a politician. My server is ruining on DA, so I don't really know what is the problem....!? Is not freedom of speech here? Just asking....

Regards,
George B.

Whilst I agree that asking this question here will get you one-sided answers, it's still a genuine question to ask and I don't believe it to be a troll.

As I posted earlier, I have no issue praising other control panels. I do prefer the Plesk UI, I love the simple and lightweight approach of CyberPanel. But I'm still a DirectAdmin customer, not Plesk or CyberPanel. If Plesk allowed me to use things I wanted much more easily and didn't have the threat of a price increase looming over it, I'd still be using it. If CyberPanel didn't have so many security flaws and more than a 1-man team, I'd still be using it.

DirectAdmin strikes a perfect balance for me. The price is fair, it's very customizable, it looks nice, it doesn't lock down the server so much like cPanel does, the documentation is good and the community is helpful. I'll be using it for a long time.

To me, cPanel is like when Microsoft Windows takes away DOS thinking it would make things easier. Instead, it alienates those that gets things done "the-hard-way".

DirectAdmin hasn't forsaken our ability to manage the server by other means making it easier to deal with server specific issues. Since I mustn't rely on the panel to do everything for me it is more flexible to manage.

Don't get me wrong, there is opportunity to make the DA more intuitive for novice users. The effort can be seen with the new theme evolution.

The amount of support tickets seem higher with DA but it isn't because it is inferior or lacks some kind of must-have functionality. It stems from users that are used to cPanel and how things get done with that panel and lack the experience with DA needed to do the same tasks.

We are selling cPanel and Directadmin hosting, but for now we preferred for amazingly DirectAdmin control panel. Our customers and resellers are happy with this.

All of them have there own advantages and disadvantages. Moreover CPanel does not have an uninstaller. Next Preferred one will Direct Admin and then least Probability to the Plesk Control Panel.

I've been using DirectAdmin for years, and at this point I just know how to do everything intuitively. On that same note I've moved many customers from CPanel on other providers to DA on my infrastructure, and everyone has preferred DA once moved over. Many people are reluctant to make the move at first, but I've honestly never had a complaint from a user. YMMV

All panels have there own advantages and disadvantages like
cPanel: Easy to use but the uninstaller is missing
Plesk: Securit Concerns
Direct Admin: fairly light-weight panel. Simplest paid panels. Needs fewer resources than Plesk and cPanel

I still don't see the point of this thread. If you do not prefer DirectAdmin, why would you then be in this forum? This forum is for DirectAdmin users. I suggest that a forum admin close this thread.

I have used cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, Interworks and Webmin and I think DA is not a better option if I compare with all other which I have used previously

Depend on your business plan.
obviously cPanel is number one control panel but new pricing should be difficult for lots of peoples.
DA is good and day by day DA going to beat cPanel. Of course it should take some time. (If DA keep same pricing style and more stronger)

Well, I will say cPanel and Directadmin both are good but depends what you are looking at.
I will compare only Pricing and support for now.

Support
cPanel has good support compared to DirectAdmin

Pricing
DirectAdmin is best in terms of pricing after cPanel pricing hike.

Last words:
I am sure DirectAdmin will capture the hosting market in coming years because DirectAdmin team is contently improving and adding features.

I've used cPanel exclusively since 2001, but I don't like the company anymore. I think they are too greedy and too many hidden fees. So I'm now trying alternatives :). I can see DirectAdmin for our VPS and Dedicated servers, but shared servers will probably keep using cPanel for now. Once we do tests and learn DA, we want to encourage VPS and dedicated customers to move from cPanel over.

Been with cPanel for long time but now like DirectAdmin so much, not use lot of server resources which is excellent bonus

Probably a bit late to the party, I was cPanel to begin with, but when I went searching for answers to issues I always found the answers on DirectAdmin forum, so long story short server died, DirectAdmin for the change and never looked back.

Haha i know this is a direct admin forum so I was expecing a pretty one sided discussion but it seems that users have been pretty honest and non bias which is great... One thing tho guys nw many of you are saying anything about plesk. Does anybody know konsoleh? Probably the worst thing ( IMO) youd ever run into. Ive worked on some plesk servers that were well nice because they were set up properly, ive also seen the other side of that when its not setup properly its just bad. ( talking from a end user point of view. ). Same can be said for cpanel though

One thing tho guys nw many of you are saying anything about plesk.
There is a reason for that. ;)
And even if setup correctly, they just are not thinking for the customer. No Clamav support, no build in CSF plugin. DA and CP are easier to administer. I used it both admin and customer.
As for proper setup, that goes for any panel, also the free ones.

Never heard of Konsoleh yet. I see Hetzner is using it, Looks a bit like Webmin, but it's free isn't it? So it's not part of professional (paid) panels.

Back