WHMCS "Server Status" page and DirectAdmin

alrnetwork

Verified User
Hi there,

I was wondering how I can set up the WHMCS "Server Status" url for DirectAdmin.

The widget tracks status, uptime and average load.. but I also believe it can track things like FTP / DNS etc.

Any idea how to get this set up and working with DA?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I was wondering how I can set up the WHMCS "Server Status" url for DirectAdmin.

The widget tracks status, uptime and average load.. but I also believe it can track things like FTP / DNS etc.

Any idea how to get this set up and working with DA?

Thanks!
normally WHMCS use shell_exec and need "root" to get something like status "up timing"
I not recommend to enable "shell_exec" in share hosting

Other way you can use SSH2 or anyelse something like "PHPSECLIB"
so you can custom script to use with phpseclib ( SSH2 ) on "whmcs/status/index.php"

@jamgames2 / @Peter Laws - Thanks for the quick reply!

Seems I should have just bothered to check the WHMCS website (
)

I guess the question now is, if my server name is XXX.domain.com:2222, how can I place a file at xxx.domain.com/status

At the moment, navigating to xxx.domain.com will re-direct me to xxx.domain.com:2222 for DA login, but I just need to create a directory wherever the hostname's "www" folder is located.

I remember that the page used to say something like "Apache is working" before I set up the SSL redirect (as guided here: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629)

I checked the typical places such as /var/www/ but not sure where else I should be looking.

Any thoughts?

Forget it.. I'm an idiot.. it was right under my nose..

Posting the solution here for future reference / others.

WHMCS Status Monitoring with DirectAdmin​

1. Download and edit the following file WHMCS install folder
    Code:
    "whmcsinstallfolder"/status/index.php
  2. [OPTIONAL] Uncomment (remove //) from line 29 of the index.php file (line may have changed, but instructions are written in the file also)
  3. Save the file
  4. Access your DirectAdmin server via SFTP, and create a "status" (without quotes) directory at the following location:
    Code:
    /var/www/html/"status"
  5. Upload the newly edited "index.php" file to the newly created status directory
  6. Test the status page by going to "your.directadmin.host"/status (no need to add port numbers)
  7. If it works, you'll see some output such as "0.18 1 Days 00:00:51"
  8. You will now need to add that full url to your WHMCS server configuration in the "Server Status Address" field on the server configuration page.

Guide can also be found here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Servers#Status_Monitoring but doesn't go into specifics for DirectAdmin.

Last edited:
Forget it.. I'm an idiot.. it was right under my nose..

Posting the solution here for future reference / others.

WHMCS Status Monitoring with DirectAdmin​

1. Download and edit the following file WHMCS install folder
    Code:
    "whmcsinstallfolder"/status/index.php
  2. [OPTIONAL] Uncomment (remove //) from line 29 of the index.php file (line may have changed, but instructions are written in the file also)
  3. Save the file
  4. Access your DirectAdmin server via SFTP, and create a "status" (without quotes) directory at the following location:
    Code:
    /var/www/html/"status"
  5. Upload the newly edited "index.php" file to the newly created status directory
  6. Test the status page by going to "your.directadmin.host"/status (no need to add port numbers)
  7. If it works, you'll see some output such as "0.18 1 Days 00:00:51"
  8. You will now need to add that full url to your WHMCS server configuration in the "Server Status Address" field on the server configuration page.

Guide can also be found here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Servers#Status_Monitoring but doesn't go into specifics for DirectAdmin.
Also, don't add your domain status page "your.directadmin.host"/status/" behind Cloudflare, or WHMCS can't detect it.

Back