Why no "mySQL Management" even for Admin?

krystofo

Verified User
:confused:
  1. I just received my first ADMIN level DirectAdmin for a VPS account.
  2. I successfully created 5 reseller accounts, all with "unlimited" MySQL database PERMISSION.
  3. But unable to find link in DirectAdmin to create MySQL DB, even for Admin. (Therefore unable to create even one database.)
  4. Site-helper.com says there is an ICON for "MySQL Databases." No "icon" is visible.
  5. However, the DirectAdmin demo shows the text link "MySQL Management" under "Your Account." This is obviously what I need--but my DirectAdmin has no such link! (Neither on the Admin level nor on the reseller level.)
  6. (I also tried to "create new reseller" with pre-assigned 1 database instead of "unlimited." All this does is give him 0 databases with a maximum of 1. Still no "MySQL Management" link is showing in his DirectAdmin panel.)
  7. Do I need to re-do the DirectAdmin installation? If so, I can ask my upstream host to re-do. Some tips please to point out what they did wrong?
  8. Or is this easily fixed by using SSH with Putty? If so, some tips or how-to links would be appreciated? (I never did SSH but need to learn.)
  9. (Presumably, databases can be created through SSH. Nonetheless, obviously I need the DirectAdmin to show a "management" link for my clients! And I would like to have it myself. That's one reason I paid for DirectAdmin!)
:confused: Thank you for any help, anyone!

All you can do in admin level is set up MySQL on or off, and for how many databases maximum, for all resellers on the server.

All you can do in the reseller level is set up MySQL on or off, and for how many databases, maximum, for all users on the server.

You set up the actual databases at the user level.

And by default the admin user level allows unlimited databases, but they must be set up at the user level.

Jeff

I see...

I.e., if I can't find something on the "reseller level," click on "user level," and vice-versa...

Thank you for the prompt reply. This saved me some trouble.

Back