Will PAy: Working antispam solution for DA

Arcadius

Verified User
Hello,

I am using DirectAdmin on FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x. systems
I am using as a standard setup:

exim (configured thru DirectAdmin) + SpamAssassin (configured thru DirectAdmin) + MailScanner + ClamAV

In exim I am not using standard e-mail boxes but virtual mailboxes..that's changes configuration a bit.

Last 2 months above config seems to stop working as it should and I am overhelmed with SPAM ..if your Clients are happy with your DA integrated anti spam solution - share it with me.. I will pay for it.

LMK at PM.

Have you tried the addition of the spamblocker plugin? we use it on our servers and have noticed a huge decrease of spam since. we still get the odd spam but you'll never catch it all.
I'm not sure of the status of the spamblocker project but it may be worth having a look at.

The DA SpamBlocker Version 2 exim.conf file which I wrote has been distributed with DirectAdmin for some time.

Enabling SpamBlocker to work for a given domain is quite simple; just add the domain name (exactly as it appears in /etc/virtual/domains) to /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains. You don't even have to restart anything.

The SpamBlocker Plugin project appears to be having problems at the moment; I have no control over it, or over payment for it, so please use at your own risk.

You do NOT need SpamBlocker Plugin to use SpamBlocker.

As for the future ... I'm working now on MailBlocker Pro; it'll include SpamBlocker and VirusBlocker. I'll soon ask for feature requests. Please take advantage of the opportunity to let me know exactly what you want :) .

Jeff

DSPAM + amavis + clamav + spamassassin .. nothing better than that .. ;)

Back