Wordpress Migration from cpanel to directadmin

wordpressuser101

I have migrated my website from cpanel at bluehost to a new hosting company (same domain with ssl). I did everything right, so I thought. In the new host I used softalicious to install wordpress. I went into php admin, dropped all the files and added the old ones from bluehost. I deleted wp-content, added the new wp-content. I changed the prefix on the wp-config so that it's all matched up.

But here's whats happening.

When i go to mydomain.com its making me go through all the wordpress details such as select language user name and password. Anyone can literally go to mydomain.com and do that. Now the old website doesn't show even though all the files in file manager seem correct, and all the file in the php database seem correct.

Can someone tell me what might be the problem?

Thank you

cpanel at bluehost
Did you have a cpanel backup?

You could have done this

Outside of that, you might need to contact your host so they can help you. I assume you have a Shared hosting account at the New Host?

I have migrated my website from cpanel at bluehost to a new hosting company (same domain with ssl). I did everything right, so I thought. In the new host I used softalicious to install wordpress. I went into php admin, dropped all the files and added the old ones from bluehost. I deleted wp-content, added the new wp-content. I changed the prefix on the wp-config so that it's all matched up.

But here's whats happening.

When i go to mydomain.com its making me go through all the wordpress details such as select language user name and password. Anyone can literally go to mydomain.com and do that. Now the old website doesn't show even though all the files in file manager seem correct, and all the file in the php database seem correct.

Can someone tell me what might be the problem?

Thank you
i used this plugin and managed to successfully transfer it https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Back