Wordpress "Unable to locate WordPress root directory" error

Google was good in its first years, as one found what one searched. Now one find what google wants you to find.
Alternatives are ChatGPT / MS Copilot, or Reddit Forums.

In @Enes case I don't think it is an emergency since he has not replied in 6 days. I still think this is a WordPress issue more than a DA issue.

Google was good in its first years, as one found what one searched. Now one find what google wants you to find.
Alternatives are ChatGPT / MS Copilot, or Reddit Forums.

Often a Google search sends me to a Reddit forum.

I still think this is a WordPress issue more than a DA issue.
That depends how you look at it.

If he would have googled maybe @Enes also found this explanation: This usually has to do with modified permissions on Wordpress folders

And maybe @Enes already did some changes on the server but Wordpress still gave the same error/message.

That is why answering that new Server Admins are a joke is not the way to go IMHO. And than providing an answer that is not really fixing the root of the problem is also a bit ironic when you just said that new Server Admins are a joke.

Being harsh or rude is just not the best way to help someone. Besides that I do think the original question could have had more information about what already was done etc.

Still we could help him with his problem. Because setting correct permissions is something DA can do and not something that is a Wordpress problem. So it is maybe a Wordpress problem, maybe a DirectAdmin problem, but at least we can fix it with a DirectAdmin solution. :)

Helping new users of DA, is like driving behind a car with a driving instructor and student. You really would like to push them to go faster. But we all started like this and it is nice to treat them with a normal attitude.
Same goes for this. And it goes both ways, people who ask should provide enough information about what they did or already tried etc. And people who help should be patient and help with some good advice. If that is something you can't do, than don't react.

But we all started like this

When I started I only had one skill, how to do research. That is the most valuable skill one can have. None of us know everything. But with the skill to research things we can learn to do everything. I ask very few questions but I can research everything.

I learned to set up a name server from a book, not the internet, an actual paper book. That is how we learned back then.

Well I ment that we all started how to drive a car like this. Not how we learned all other stuff :p

And I also learned everything myself but not everybody is the same. We have to take in mind that some people learn different or maybe are not as self-taught as others.

Why should we help them when we don't get paid (referencing the LLU thread, so satire).......
:D

The OP didn't give any other details
that is true....and that would be much better yes :)

Well I ment that we all started how to drive a car like this. Not how we learned all other stuff :p

I guess I learned to drive a car differently than everybody else too. I learned by the many years of observing mom and dad drive. By the time I got behind the wheel myself I knew how to drive a car. Yes it took some practice but I had the basics within a few minutes.

was continuing with that discussion.
No the discussion did not go about a solution to that question.
We went way off-topic and were discussing with me about how to learn best. :) I also learned everything myself as said,

But never mind. To me the discussion is done. Seems the OP is scared away.

Back