Yahoo and Bulk Mail

WildFyre

Verified User
I have always had this problem but decided to ask about it now.

Whenever an email is sent from my server to a yahoo account, yahoo inserts it into the bulk mail folder. Anyone else having that problem? This is my second server and the last server same thing happened as well.

Thanks guys.

Basically, you need to do the usual stuff, like having reverse DNS setup, spf record and a clean IP. Then you need to beg and plead with Yahoo to get them to whitelist your server. They will resist, but you have to be consistent. I have been able to get that to work with every major email provider, except Micro$soft (Hotmail/MSN).
Micro$soft wanted me to pay a lot of money to some "third-party" company to do the white listing.

toml said:
Basically, you need to do the usual stuff, like having reverse DNS setup, spf record and a clean IP. Then you need to beg and plead with Yahoo to get them to whitelist your server. They will resist, but you have to be consistent. I have been able to get that to work with every major email provider, except Micro$soft (Hotmail/MSN).
Micro$soft wanted me to pay a lot of money to some "third-party" company to do the white listing.

what email address you used to send to yahoo about that request ?

I don't remember, I might have used the email from the main server domain name, since that would resolve and match the reverse dns. All virtual domains were the ones that had problems.

I hink he means what yahoo email address you used. I have found yahoo to be disgusting to deal with and I have friends who work for large corporate isp's with the same experiences. When I filled in a form on their website to try and communicate with them all I succeeded in doing was adding my own email address to a spam list they have to send out spam and they didnt even reply to me. I changed the outgoing ip exim uses and it now doesnt goto the bulk folder. You need to of course have spf etc. all setup.

My friend who also couldnt get yahoo to reply blacklisted yahoo and they ended up contacting him to resolve the situation, although most of us are not in a position to do such things as all that would do is annoy user's on the server been unable to recieve yahoo email. Ironically my home isp who is the biggest broadband isp in the uk currently has issues with yahoo as well.

Back