zend not working

seachen

Verified User
my directadmin server using centos 6 64bit.

i have install suphp

i install zend, but it is not working, is it suphp caused the error ?

Try doing a php -v and see if zend and zend optimizer is installed correctly, should be something like this below the php version line:
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies
If not, go to the custombuild directory and ./build zend.

If it is, compare your cli and cgi php.ini.
Look in the cli php.ini for the [zend] part.
This should also be present in your cgi php.ini. If not, copy the zend block into the cgi php.ini and restart apache.
That should fix it.

the screenshot i attach is from /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

is it install suphp got another php.ini ?

No that is your suphp php.ini, so you have it correct. I presume you have restarted Apache.

Check also that in this php.ini this setting is set to On:
zend.enable_gc = On

You don't need the ioncube loader also?
If you still have problems can you post the output of:
php -v

hi, yes, zend.enable_gc = On

i think i know what happen. php5.3 not support zend optimizer right? any solutions about this because some of my user need zend optimizer to run the script

[root@server3 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.3.20 (cli) (built: Jan 11 2013 07:23:48)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies
[root@server3 ~]#

If i dont remember bad Zend Guard is the Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.3+. You should maybe consider to use ioncube?

Regards

install ioncube can solve the problem for script that need zend optimizer?

i have install ioncube. but it seen like my script not working too. maybe is php 5.3 problem. not zend optimizer problem

i think i know what happen. php5.3 not support zend optimizer right?
Correct, in php 5.3 they replaced that for ZendLoader.

I found this elsewhere:
ZendGuard cannot load files that were encoded for Zend Optimizer, and vice versa -- they're effectively two separate products. If you've got an application that was encoded for Zend Optimizer, you're stuck on PHP 5.2.
So you could try installing ioncube loader, but if that does not help, the customer either needs a php 5.2 hosting or needs to have their zend stuff modernised, because php 5.2 is end of life already for some time.

thanks for the info. like this case, if my server using php 5.3. is it possible to let the user choose php 5.2 on same server or must downgrade to php5.2 for whole server?

Back