directadmin not sending me email

iphoneil

Verified User
Hello,
directadmin not sending me emails? What should I do to fix this? Please help.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm talking about the messaging system - like, update completed, and other things related.

In addition, I send mail from the sites stored on the server does not reply.

Is your email domain hosted on the server? If so, is your email stored elsewhere?

Here are some important considerations:

1) You should NOT use your domain name as your server name. In other words, if your domain name is example.com, then your server hostname may NOT be example.com, though it's okay if it's host.domain.com.

2) If your domain is hosted on your server but your email is hosted elsewhere, then your MX records in DNS must be properly set to that email provider according to their instructions, and you must (at the DirectAdmin user level) click on MX Records and make sure the box is unchecked so DirectAdmin will know to send email to you to your email provider's server.

3) There must be a valid email address set up in the messaging system and the checkbox to send emails must be checked.

Write back with your findings on these issues and we can go on from there.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply

I am attaching some pictures that show the options that I have in settings.

The first picture actually shows the settings of directadmin under »User Level

Screen_Shot_2014_03_25_at_9_37_39_AM.png

The second picture shows the information of the domain (one domain) is stored on the server
Screen_Shot_2014_03_25_at_9_13_25_AM.png

So why do not Send Mail? Even from the server and stored on the server accounts?

I am attaching some pictures that show the options that I have in settings.

The first picture actually shows the settings of directadmin under »User Level
I don't think the name of your domain is domain.com (I know who owns that domain; they paid a lot of money for it, and they don't run DirectAdmin). Please see this page (homepage.ntlworld.com) for good reasons why you shouldn't obscure your DNS data when asking for help.

But note carefully the checkbox is not checked. This means DirectAdmin isn't attempting delivery on your server, but rather for an mx record for domain.com. Since domain.com isn't hosted on your server, if your DNS is set properly it's attempting to deliver the email to a server at domain.com, and if they have an email address the same as you're they're getting the email. If not, the email is being bounced back to your server, check your exim queue.
The second picture shows the information of the domain (one domain) is stored on the server

So why do not Send Mail? Even from the server and stored on the server accounts?
The second image you've attached shows that email for iphoneil.net is hosted at a Google ac****, but because you do have the checkbox checked any email originating on the server is delivered not to Google, but to your local mail, which you're likely not checking, and you may not even have a mailbox set up for that email address on your server.
As I wrote above in this reply, if these are really your settings the email is being sent to [email protected], if there really is such an acount there. EIG, a major registrar, owns the domain name domain.com.

If you're going to use example domains you should use the domains example.com, example.net, and example.org, as they have been designated specficially for the purpose. But if you still need help after reading this, and if my reply to the second image doesn't help you, then when you write again include links only to real images showing your real information, so we may actually help you by doing lookups instead of guessing.

If you don't want to do that, then hopefully someone else can help you, because I've done all the guessing I can do. You've already got my best guesses.

Jeff

I don't think the name of your domain is domain.com (I know who owns that domain; they paid a lot of money for it, and they don't run DirectAdmin). Please see this page (homepage.ntlworld.com) for good reasons why you shouldn't obscure your DNS data when asking for help.

I have no idea how he got there domain.com - How I delete this domain? I think this whole problem in this domain.

Not likely the problem since you're likely not sending emails to [email protected]. You can delete it at the reseller level of the reseller it's owned by.

Jeff

Code:
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjM-0004ra-HI ** [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [2a00:1450:400c:c05::1a]: 550-5.7.1 [2001:41d0:a:4ca9::1] Our system has detected that this message does\n550-5.7.1 not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records and\n550-5.7.1 authentication. Please review\n550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=ipv6_authentication_error for more\n550 5.7.1 information. mv18si1560901wic.61 - gsmtp
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjN-0004rn-Cb <= <> R=1WSXjM-0004ra-HI U=mail P=local S=3165 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for [email protected]
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjN-0004rn-Cb => :blackhole: <[email protected]> R=system_aliases

I checked the code /var/log/exim/mainlog and there seems to be an error or rather an error ...

Last edited:
That's the problem, I do not see this domain under the reseller level
Go back to post #5 above, the first link. Look way down at the bottom left of the screen image. You'll see that domain.com exists on your server.

How did you get to that screen if it's not somewhere in your control panel?

To find it, do an admin level login to DirectAdmin and in the search box at the top enter domain.com and click on the Domain button.

If it's not there, then click on User Level on the far right side (the blue area).

If it's not there, and you don't know where it is you may need someone to log into your system and find it for you.
I checked the code /var/log/exim/mainlog and there seems to be an error or rather an error ...
The first error line:
Code:
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjM-0004ra-HI ** [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [2a00:1450:400c:c05::1a]: 550-5.7.1 [2001:41d0:a:4ca9::1] Our system has detected that this message does\n550-5.7.1 not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records and\n550-5.7.1 authentication. Please review\n550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=ipv6_authentication_error for more\n550 5.7.1 information. mv18si1560901wic.61 - gsmtp
Indicates you're trying to connect to gmail over IPv6 but you don't have proper IPv6 rDNS set up. Hopefully someone else can help you with that because I don't yet use IPv6.
Code:
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjN-0004rn-Cb <= <> R=1WSXjM-0004ra-HI U=mail P=local S=3165 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for [email protected]
The above is a message being returned to you at the diradmin return address. You should have an alias somewhere so you can get these emails. You need to get them because they come from <> which is the Mailer Daemon.
Code:
2014-03-25 21:13:53 1WSXjN-0004rn-Cb => :blackhole: <[email protected]> R=system_aliases
You're sending these messages to blackhole rather than receiving them. This is why you're not getting notified of non-deliverable messages.

Jeff

Back