Dovecot/Exim - Can send emails but can't receive

mgsolidus

Since using DirectAdmin, I have never ever been able to receive emails. I have been able to send them, but they nearly always end up in the spam folders.
rejectlog and mainlog inside /var/log/exim/ is just error after error after error. What errors do you need? I'll post them here.

Please try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build todovecot

mail

Please try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build todovecot

That kind of worked. XenForo still can't send out registration conformations and other emails. I can send an email from the server to a gmail account just fine when using Roundcube. Still not receiving emails though.

Here is mainlog,

ScreenShot002.png

having the same issue, mx is fine. Can send email from server to web but cant receive emails, i ttried mainlog but it doesnt show any errors nor does reject logs. Ive also rebuild dovecot from custombuild but still same issue

this log is the only thing that showed

2013-07-06 21:20:13 1Uvde8-0006jM-5M => [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=660 H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [173.194.70.27] X=TLSv1:RC4-SHA:128 C="250 2.0.0 OK 1373160013 s8si11510113ees.298 - gsmtp"
2013-07-06 21:20:13 1Uvde8-0006jM-5M Completed

Well, you should provide real domain and real IP so we can analyze at least correct DNS.
Everything with fake data, is a guess...

Regards

i cant do that here since bots wil just scan for email and list it to the email spam bots.. can i pm

how to fix this i am also unable to receive any email

Attachments

• email.PNG
    email.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
Connect to Mail Servers

FAIL: Connection to all mail servers failed.
  • mail.greentech.expert.: dial tcp 212.8.250.135:25: connect: no route to host
To receive emails, mail servers should allow TCP connections on port 25.

Thanks, @Active8 problem fixed but I send email to other people it's land on personal spam box, not inbox even a lot of reply

Dear All,

Finding difficulties in receiving email from third party domain emails and gmail/ymail/hotmail etc.. please suggest..(currently using only webmail)

Hello,

A good point would be to let us know what domain do you use there. Without knowing details, I could suggest either trying to investigate it yourself:

1. disable firewall
2. check logs for possible errors

or hire somebody to do it for you.

Finding difficulties in receiving email from third party domain emails and gmail/ymail/hotmail etc

With almost 100% consistency when we hear this it means that the domain's MX records haven't been configured to point to the server.

If this is his domain name:
mail.greentech.expert.: dial tcp 212.8.250.135:25: connect: no route to host
I had this a while ago. Fixed it by adding an A record in DNS for the hostname. So like:
mail A 212.8.250.135

and the rDNS is incorrect. When doing an nslookup at 212.8.250.135 it does point to customer.worldstream.nl which is not correct if your hostname would be mail.greentech.expert so either change your hostname or your rDNS record so they are similar.

I had this a while ago. Fixed it by adding an A record in DNS for the hostname. So like:
mail A 212.8.250.135
Hi Richard, this is done by DA on default right ? or did i miss something ?
I never had add a A record for mail. inside DA, it was always already there or do you mean the server hostname ?

never had add a A record for mail. inside DA, it was always already there or do you mean the server hostname ?
That is correct, the mail A record is created by default. DA creates it. I mean the server's hostname.
I used the hostname presented here as mail.greentech.expert then in that case mail is part of the hostname and an A record for mail should be present.
If that is present it's OK. Somebody could have mistakenly removed it so it's just a check.

It's still strange though, DNSstuff complaints there is no MX record while there is one present and intodns complaints:
The MX records that do not seem valid hostname:
mail.greentech.expert
This can cause problems
so I dont'know if it might be better to change the hostname to something else.

Anyway, the rDNS record is still not correct.

Back