Run script after DNS action in DirectAdmin

DionWales

Verified User
Hi,

I use DirectAdmin and my first nameserver is on this DirectAdmin server. Bind / named transfers the zones and record to two seperate PowerDNS nameservers. So I have 3 nameservers in total.

I heard from a lot of companies they don`t update the DNSSEC keys at the registry after a DNS change is made or once a month (also DirectAdmin resigns the zones every month). So I'm not sure if uploading the key once to the registry is enough.

So therefore I was thinking: How can I run my own made script for pushing the keys to the registry after a change in the DNS is made or DirectAdmin starts resigning the zone?

What I need: DNS change or zone resign? -> run my script (needs the domainname and tld seperate, but can fix that on an other way) -> that script pushes the changed keys to the registry.

Can anyone point me in the direction where within DirectAdmin / Custombuild I can fix this trigger and get the domainname and tld of the zone that is resigned or changed to push that to my script?

Thank you. Only thing I can`t get clear is how I know the domain so I can use it.

For example: example.com is changed (A record IP from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.2). After that DirectAdmin calls the custom script.
I need to know the domain and then use it for the other script: ./upkey.sh example.com

Thank you. Only thing I can`t get clear is how I know the domain so I can use it.

For example: example.com is changed (A record IP from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.2). After that DirectAdmin calls the custom script.
I need to know the domain and then use it for the other script: ./upkey.sh example.com
It comes as environment variable. Just use ${domain} in the script and it should work :)

Back