Run script after DNS action in DirectAdmin

DionWales

Verified User
Hi,

I use DirectAdmin and my first nameserver is on this DirectAdmin server. Bind / named transfers the zones and record to two seperate PowerDNS nameservers. So I have 3 nameservers in total.

I heard from a lot of companies they don`t update the DNSSEC keys at the registry after a DNS change is made or once a month (also DirectAdmin resigns the zones every month). So I'm not sure if uploading the key once to the registry is enough.

So therefore I was thinking: How can I run my own made script for pushing the keys to the registry after a change in the DNS is made or DirectAdmin starts resigning the zone?

What I need: DNS change or zone resign? -> run my script (needs the domainname and tld seperate, but can fix that on an other way) -> that script pushes the changed keys to the registry.

Can anyone point me in the direction where within DirectAdmin / Custombuild I can fix this trigger and get the domainname and tld of the zone that is resigned or changed to push that to my script?

DionWales

Verified User
Thank you. Only thing I can`t get clear is how I know the domain so I can use it.

For example: example.com is changed (A record IP from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.2). After that DirectAdmin calls the custom script.
I need to know the domain and then use it for the other script: ./upkey.sh example.com

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. Only thing I can`t get clear is how I know the domain so I can use it.

For example: example.com is changed (A record IP from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.2). After that DirectAdmin calls the custom script.
I need to know the domain and then use it for the other script: ./upkey.sh example.com
It comes as environment variable. Just use ${domain} in the script and it should work :)