Backup DirectAdmin to cloud storage (S3, OneDrive, Azure, etc.) using SFTP

bartynz

Hi Team,

Couchdrop offers you the ability to backup DirectAdmin to cloud storage using native protocols such as SMB, SFTP, SCP, etc. thought this may come in handy if you wish to backup off-site and in the cloud.

Hope this helps!

Why is this not an option in DA?

The WP backup plugin Updraft plus can connect to any major cloud storage in just three clicks.

Filezilla can connect to them too, I connect to OneDrive, Gdrive, and S3

Is this s feature request someone has not thought about before?

I am not a coder but would think there should be an easy way to implement this into DA?

Google Drive FTP Adapter to connect to google drive through the FTP protocol

The WP backup plugin Updraft plus can connect to any major cloud storage in just three clicks.

Is this s feature request someone has not thought about before?

I am not a coder but would think there should be an easy way to implement this into DA?

Google Drive FTP Adapter to connect to google drive through the FTP protocol
Search here
https://feedback.directadmin.com/

I did a search but nothing other than old threats showed up, too many results are returning outdated old threats

then I found this while browsing the forum

I did a search but nothing other than old threats showed up, too many results are returning outdated old threats

then I found this while browsing the forum
You searched on https://feedback.directadmin.com/ and did not see anything on backup systems? and the need for a better one?

I searched the forums, the feedback page has two feature request that I found with only 4 votes!

Seems it's not very important for DA users to have a few clicks to implement automatic cloud storage!

I would have voted for this feature if I didn't have to create YET another DA account!! Perhaps the reason it has only 4 votes?

Unfortunately, my wp updraft backup plugin can only backup everything under the "home" directory.

DA can connect to storage server via FTP/FTPS and transfer backups - or you are looking for something else?

Seems you have searched the old feedback threads over here and not the link pointed to because there are no threads, it's a fairly new system DA is using.
Ah in you later reply I see you found the new vote system. ;)

@ericc I think he means by automatic admin or reseller backup (or maybe also user backup).

DA can connect to storage server via FTP/FTPS and transfer backups - or you are looking for something else?

I am new to DA, only been here for some 10 days or so, yes I am looking for an automatic backup system to Gdrive. Please tell me how to get it up and running.

The search function only brought me some very old and outdated threats, not until I browsed the forum I found out, there are at least four paid plugins that can do these things.

Seems you have searched the old feedback threads over here and not the link pointed to because there are no threads, it's a fairly new system DA is using.
Ah in you later reply I see you found the new vote system. ;)

@ericc I think he means by automatic admin or reseller backup (or maybe also user backup).

It's only my own WP sites, not going into a hosting business, and yes, I found the voting system, just as I found the newer help pages, many days later!!

c-mon, it's 2020 and we have self-driving cars!! :unsure:

I searched the forums, the feedback page has two feature request that I found with only 4 votes!

Seems it's not very important for DA users to have a few clicks to implement automatic cloud storage!

I would have voted for this feature if I didn't have to create YET another DA account!! Perhaps the reason it has only 4 votes?

Unfortunately, my wp updraft backup plugin can only backup everything under the "home" directory.
I was trying to point you to the feedback area so you could vote and provide feedback. I believe someone already opened one for googledrive. The system doesn't have this feature you search for. The backup system is in real need of work. Which is of course IMHO.

I was trying to point you to the feedback area so you could vote and provide feedback. I believe someone already opened one for googledrive. The system doesn't have this feature you search for. The backup system is in real need of work. Which is of course IMHO.
Brent, I know, I appreciate your help pointing me to the right dereliction, but, when systems grow, anyone wants their needs implemented to make their lives easier but, cloud storage is just common sense nowadays!

cloud storage is just common sense nowadays!
Yes but few panels support creating backups to this.
Maybe also because there is not much asking for it (not sure) because hosters do not want customers to do external backups, which creates extra bandwidth and if users can do this, the hosters are not able anymore to offer payed external backups for their customers.
I think this has a lot to do with it.

Brent, I know, I appreciate your help pointing me to the right dereliction, but, when systems grow, anyone wants their needs implemented to make their lives easier but, cloud storage is just common sense nowadays!
It is not that don’t agree. Alas we are just users.

because hosters do not want customers to do external backups,
I think this has a lot to do with it.
It might be, I can't speak of other apps or cms but in wp I have a backup plugin that connects in just three clicks to any major cloud storage.

DA cloud backup doesn't have to give every user access, could be for root admin only to make server backup.

As I look at DA panel out of the box, (remember I am new to DA :rolleyes: ) if you are running a hosting business where you provide your user the option to pay for their stuff backed up, as many are running e-commerce sites where certain DB tables frequently needs to be backed up, how many times a day would you manually download those backup to be on the safe side if your server crashed!?

we are just users.
true, who cares about us? they just want our money! :oops:

Back