Interest survey - 'remade/refreshed' enhanced skin

Great thanks. Is there a suggestion page for this effort?
Too early for the suggestions (as there are items in queue), but forum is a good place for this I think :) I can also create feedback.directadmin.com "documentation" section if needed, where people could upvote the things requested.

The thing will say is I think Admins want simplicity and workflow as fast as possible. I think that is what Zhenyapan is really trying to say. I think Users of today would prefer Evo. I think admins prefer enhanced because its workflow is fewer steps and simpler. A lot of admins don't like GUI, to begin with so simple straight forward enhanced seems to fit more. Either way seems like you all should keep both.
Exactly!
80% of new VPS clients or hosting resellers asks for Evo, but servers with our administration with Enhanced because it's faster for us (admins) more compact, less clicks. For shared hosting clients user_level we have own skin.

it's faster for us (admins)

As mentioned (and like given in example) - screenshots showing slower loading times of Evolution would be really appreaciated.

less clicks

I'd say it really depends :) Skins are just different. Probably I'm missing something here. In enhanced, please go to "Log Viewer" as admin. Now try going to MySQL Management in your user level straight from there. I can do it with 1 click in Evolution, counted 3 in Enhanced.

Even if on the same level, I'm in "Log Viewer" (or any other page), now let's go to "modify user" page of user owning domain domain.com. 2 clicks in Evolution, 4 in Enhanced.

slower loading times
I think you are correct that EVO faster in loading time. I don't think that's what I am hearing in Zhenyapan. In his example, the workflow requires more clicks on different screens. Where in enhanced he can just either tab or move mouse straight down hit save and done. He mean the total workflow is simpler and faster.

in other word, if I can do the same task in 2 clicks why use the one that it takes 4 clicks..

Oke I'm done. Thanks to smtalk we could manage to fix some misunderstandings on my side.
The fading effect which I called fading and white screens, was in fact the "route transitions". Since I'm not native English and I know the word fading for this kind of effect, and transitions contained the word "routing" I was mistakenly thinking this was something else.
On disabling the ruote transition, the fading overflow when changing options is gone and Evo looks as fast as Enhanced to me, in effect maybe faster but with my eyes I don't see ms speeds. :)

Second, the overview option is also fixed for me. It's not quite enhanced but I could get use to that.
The only thing I missed was the Navigation on top of the screen.
I had to use the "display as list" to get a kindlike effect like Enhanced, with expanded options. The only getting used to is that they are on top now instead of in the middle of the screen. However, Evo has some other advantages.

However, for my admin (I will show him the options now found too), it would still be nice if new options would be integrated in the Enhanced skin too or an ETA for this could be given.

Just 1 thing would be nice though.
Could it be made that in the "user list" in Evo it also works with nice colors like in Enhanced?
The overview of data and disk usage is a lot better there. Green/green when all is good and red/green or green/red or red/red if a customer is on or passed its limits.
In Evo it's all black so it's not directly visible if a user is at it's limit in the user list.

Just 1 thing would be nice though.
Could it be made that in the "user list" in Evo it also works with nice colors like in Enhanced?
The overview of data and disk usage is a lot better there. Green/green when all is good and red/green or green/red or red/red if a customer is on or passed its limits.
In Evo it's all black so it's not directly visible if a user is at it's limit in the user list.
This was a bug, fixed in 1.61.2.

I'm just trying to understand what's the main need there.. as there are some conflicting statements.

Speaking for myself, this is not at all about page load times.

For us, we do like to work in an environment where you can quickly jump from section to section without too much clicking around. In this regard Evolution is a bit slower to work with. When you are administering a bunch of servers a few seconds here and there do add up.

I do want to stress that I think Evolution looks great and it is enabled by default for all our users who all seem to like it a lot, so from an end-user perspective I have absolutely no complaints.

So, I'm not sure if we need a 5th layout option,

Honestly, I would totally be in favor of that :)

For us, we do like to work in an environment where you can quickly jump from section to section without too much clicking around.
For me that worked by enabling the "Display as list" at Navigation and disabling the "route transitions". You can click around fast again.
Still Enhanced looks a tiny bit faster, but when looking at network speeds, it in fact isn't. So it must be visible deception.
Maybe this could work for you too?

Honestly, I would totally be in favor of that :)
If I read correctly that might be something what would be considered or maybe build into Evo, but smtalk would like to now how that should look like. Since with "Display as list" there is not much difference anymore.

That actually does appear to do the trick for the most part. I also like that the menu remains visible at all time, which could be another time saver.

I will be playing around with this some more!

Back