License limits exceeded with only 7 domains

MASE

Verified User
Hello,

Today when I was trying a few stuff inside my directadmin panel I kept getting this error:

"
License limits exceeded

11 of 10 domains currently exist.
"

Even though I only have 7 domains in the server/license.

Can you please let me know how to fix this issue ?

Thanks

Check the /etc/virtual/domains file, are there only 7 in there?

Did you create and remove several domains today maybe?

Check the /etc/virtual/domains file, are there only 7 in there?

Did you create and remove several domains today maybe?
Only 3 domains with the vps subdomain.

Nope I just turned hotlink protection and started adding domains then this happened.

I'm using open litespeed

Oke that is not a big deal, the /etc/virtual is mostly for e-mail.

And how many domains databases in the /var/named directory?

If there are also less then 10 check this directory:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/domains
and count the amount of domains there.

Oke that is not a big deal, the /etc/virtual is mostly for e-mail.

And how many domains databases in the /var/named directory?

If there are also less then 10 check this directory:
and count the amount of domains there.
/var/named

7 domains and vps subdomain .

Inside

A few files for each domain but only 7 domains.

I can't use or do anything. Or perform any task.

I'm not sure why no one from the staff is helping. It's not a technical support problem. It is something in the license file or configuration.

I'm really sad that no one bothered to answer here or for my email which was a few days ago 😔

Try to update the license manually from the console as indicated in the help:
or just try restarting the service.

I'm not sure why no one from the staff is helping. It's not a technical support problem. It is something in the license file or configuration.

I'm really sad that no one bothered to answer here or for my email which was a few days ago 😔

Welcome to the new Directadmin. :cry:

Try to update the license manually from the console as indicated in the help:
or just try restarting the service.

Welcome to the new Directadmin. :cry:

Tried it and restarted the whole server but nothing changed.

Not sure what else can I do right now, its been 4 days and can't do almost nothing inside my server, I can't understand how I'm supposed to increase my trust with the platform when I can't even solve this problem, which I think is not a technical one.

Please create a support ticket, mention that an exception for support should be made. Provide access details there and it will be checked.

Thank you, please lets us now the cause of the issue when found. I'm curious to it and to it's solution. ;)

Please create a support ticket, mention that an exception for support should be made. Provide access details there and it will be checked.

I'm trying to open a ticket but getting this error:

This license does not qualify for DirectAdmin Support. Please use community options, such as the forum.

EDIT: Sent the information.

Last edited:
Thanks for solving the problem.

I would really love to know what was the issue because before your fix I had Admin, reseller and user items/menus all together in the same area when using Icons grid theme.

Only a little A, R or U above the icon.

Now I have either admin or user uptop and I can't see both in the same time.

And when I was trying to access either phpmyadmin or cubemail or I was getting "IP mismatch".

Also, I finally found the new theme "refreshed" selectable/available.

So alot of things changed and got fixed. I'm trying to provide as many information as possible to maybe help other users might have the same problem as me.

I'm really curious of what changed all that and if I can see and Admin and User icons at the same time without having to switch from role to role.

Rubish, fresh server installed

License is limited to 10 domains, and you currently have 2326 , we dont even have 1

Attachments

• directadmin.png
    directadmin.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 26
I know it's an old thread already, but still the problem is quite usual and maybe this helps somebody understand what's going on... So, what I see, at least in my case, is that this error happens when custombuild is running. I was trying to add some additional IP addresses to the server... Once custombuild finishes the task, this error disappears...

Back