redis

factor

Verified User
The redis seems to be for rspamd?

Is it a full redis server install? The redis service shows up as redis-rspamd.service. Also it doesn't show in DA in the service monitor (maybe because I am not on prerelease)

Also I dont see it in ./build remove_items. Once I disable it in options.conf how do I uninstall it?

If rspamd is installed, redis gets installed automatically for rspamd as well. However, with Pro-Pack you also get per-user control in DirectAdmin user settings/packages, and users may create their own redis database in user-level.

Are you sure you'd like to remove redis and leave rspamd without it? At this time there is no option for this, but rspamd autolearn and other features depend on redis.

Are you sure you'd like to remove redis and leave rspamd without it?
Let me say it this way. If I install redis and rspamd. Then later choose Spamassasin over rspamd. How would I remove both?

Separate discussion.
However, with Pro-Pack you also get per-user control in DirectAdmin user settings/packages, and users may create their own redis database in user-level.
What if I just want to install redis that I configure. Is it going to install rspamd or still be called redis-rspamd.service?

I wonder: will redis, nginx unit *work* without the pro pack, like with some manual configuration instead of a gui?

of course it does.
ah, just because the docs say it's a pro pack feature.

@smtalk perhaps a nice thing to add some documentation on the management of redis (and nginx unit and what not) without the pro-pack gui, for hobby-sysadmins like me without a pro-pack licence.

add some documentation on the management of redis (and nginx unit and what not) without the pro-pack gui,
I doubt they will since that is not the goal here..
the docs say it's a pro pack feature.
Redis is not something DA created it is a object database like Memcache.
There is lots of documentation on Redis and it uses all over the internet.
The ProPack feature is the GUI tools so people can manage its prescribed use in DA. Which may or may not be the use you or I have for it.

@smtalk
Any option to remove_redis in custombuild?
It'd be the best to get more votes for it :) feedback.directadmin.com is a good place for this I think?

@smtalk perhaps a nice thing to add some documentation on the management of redis (and nginx unit and what not) without the pro-pack gui, for hobby-sysadmins like me without a pro-pack licence.
Any product documentation should be okay for this. DA just does auto-configuration and provides GUI options for tools like redis or nginx unit, but they can be configured manually and independently from DA.

It'd be the best to get more votes for it :) feedback.directadmin.com is a good place for this I think?
I see. So no intention of the ability to ever remove Redis once its installed by Custombuild its there for life. What makes it different from apache, nginx or other software that ./build remove_items takes care of? Does this also mean you all are deprecating Spamassassin?

I just removed redis manually with make uninstall. Then ./build remove_rspamd

Would it be an idea to enable logging in Redis by default to make debugging a bit easier?

Also; since it already mentions; "Please make sure you specify different database IDs for your applications, so that there would be no key conflicts." Would it make sense to keep track of database IDs? Haven't tested this thoroughly but it seems normal users could just use the same database IDs and also the same default database ID that's now used for Rspamd for example.

Regarding this feature needs some clarifications :

Built redis :
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set redis yes
./build redis

Then php compiled and relevant extension is enabled on installed phps

IF you have propack then you have redis server too and working
IF you dont have propack then :
If rspamd is installed then : redis-rspamd installed too BUT not working as expected without pro pack
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 852 Οκτ 4 16:40 redis-rspamd.service
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1104 Οκτ 4 16:40 [email protected]

If not rspamd : Then no redis server instance installation you need to do by yourself

You made this a lot complicated
It should be separated to php ext and server to be more easier and clear to final users

I have pro pack and the redis option is available for me.
I have rspamd and I also installed redis using custombuild2
but the problem is that when the users who have redis option, can not connect to redis (using WordPres and redis object cache plugin)
it shows that the redis exist, but it can not connect.
any solution?

Every user that Redis is enabled for has their own socket (ie: socket would be /home/TheirUserName/.redis/redis.sock). They set the socket as the address and port number to 0 (zero). That's worked on just about every plugin I have tested with. I primarily have it setup with WordPress and OpenLiteSpeed with the plugin setup like that.

Back